Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beginning my weight loss journey

Hello my name's Olivia! I'm 19 and currently in college! I initially downloaded this app to read everyone's weight-loss journey, but after reading them I decided to contribute and share mine! I have struggled with my weight all my life, and having type one diabetes (very different than type two) makes losing weight a challenge! I have my consultation appointment next Monday, and boy I am so excited! I am hoping to get the gastric sleeve early May and begin my weight loss journey! Just looking for people to talk to or to hear other people's stories! ☺️

Hey congrats on taking such a big step. I'm 23 myself and have been overweight my whole life. I am blessed not to have and medical complications though. I am in the beginning stages myself. Waiting for a surgical consult now. I'd love to have surgery buddies closer to my age :)

Welcome and congrats!

@@hanna91 I am so sorry!! I'm terrible at this whole replying thing as you can see! I wanted to check up with you though, how is your process going??

Hey! I am 19 years old and I had the sleeve gastrectomy in early June! If you have any questions or just feel like chatting feel free to message me (:

I am 51 and I look up and respect young people such as yourselves who decide at a young age to have this done, I commend you both on your change and choice to live a better healthier life, my weight never affected me when I was young, but I did so much damage to my body during those years that it became a necessity now, your saving your body from wear and tear, and you will never get those years back, it is a lifestyle that is tough at first, but when you look at the transformation, quality of life, and all those around you will see it also, it makes me feel humble that you are able to do what I should have years ago, good luck and inspire others too....... I was at 388 at one point, and on my surgery day on June 10th I was at 346, today I am at 307 and going strong at the gym, and I eat as healthy as I can.........and guess what ? It really does get easier!!!!

I had my surgery at the age of 24 so I spent my 25th birthday recovering from surgery. It gets easier, but it is truly a process.

I will be almost 25 when I have the gastric sleeve so I'm looking forward to the latter half of my 20s to be better then the early 20s

Hello. i'm nicole.

I decided to elect for surgery when I was fourteen, but was too afraid of being turned down by my parents so I waited until I was sixteen. I'll be 17 next week, time is a tick-tick-ticking. My sleep study is on the 6th which leads into my birthday, so i guess that's kinda of a happy thing if I'm cleared? I have gone through the six month trial that shows my progress (started at 300 and now down to 270) to my insurance company Tricare North, prove skeletal maturity, and go through two psychological evaluations. Did you guys have to do any of this? What insurance do ya'll have? Staples or Harmonic Scalpel (cauterization)? Why did you decide to get the surgery? And why VSG? Are you guys upset that you won't be able to drink as much or even s and possibly carry a breathalyzer? Or even stop drinking all together? Has anyone heard about the leg problems that patients 3+ years experience? Do you have any family members that are larger than you or are the largest in your family? And do you plan on pushing the surgery onto them? Is your excess skin well, um....., ITCHY? What supplements do you take to combat malnutrition? What's the extent of your hairloss? Yes, it is inevitable, but HOW MUCH did you lose and how fast and at what point in your weight loss was the hairloss at its worst? Will anyone here elect to get plastic surgery to remove excess skin? lonely ;(?