Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone used Dr. Alvarez with Endobariatrics in Mexico?

Good luck.  I hope you share your experience.  Thanks for the input on Dr. Alvarez.  I feel good about him.  Need to do more research on his facility.  Hoping to finalize plans and have procedure in May. 

I believe there is another thread on here about him. Some great and not so good results. Research him carefully.

I believe there is another thread on here about him. Some great and not so good results. Research him carefully.

Don't know how to delete so plz ignore my post. I was thinking of another doctor. I've heard no negatives on Alvarez.

I am going to Covala in TJ because it is relatively easy with San Diego having a lot of direct flights. I also think vsg prices in general are lower than most other places in mexico due to the high concentration of bariatric surgeons in the Tijuana which results in a significant amount of price competition to attract patients. Certainly go with Alvarez if you are comfortable with him. I just believe a comparable skilled bariatric surgeon in Tijuana will cost less due to the fierce competition between surgeons in that specific area which is somewhat unique. Tijuana is also relatively easy to get to for a flying traveler however you obviously should go with the surgeon you are most comfortable with.

Readyfor2015

Did u book with Dr.Alvarez? I. Am booked and ready to go end of may. So excited and very happy with my choice in choosing Dr. Alvarez. Yes, a bit more expensive but peace of mind when you feel comfortable is worth the extra $$$. Good luck to all.

I am considering gastric sleeve with Dr. Alvarez with Endobariatrics in Piedras Niegras Mexico. Any input?

Hi! I had the Sleeve with Dr. Alvarez Dec. 2012. I was extremely happy with him, his doctors, nurses, staff, Susan, Rosie, everyone!! Unfortunately for me, I was on a medication that makes you put on a super amount of weight. I got off it briefly, but when I went back on I gained 20 in 2 months!!! I also have severe GERD. I'm told the only remedy is Gastric Bypass. The Sleeve is great, but it causes GERD and that can be brutal. I used to wake up in the middle of the night throwing up stomach acid. I had acid reflux before surgery, and did not know that the sleeve only made it worse. Had I known, I would have gone with the RNY. I'm looking into a Sleeve reversion to RNY. Dr. Alvarez is amazing! I loved the whole experience, but looking back, I would have chosen a different surgery procedure.

I'm scheduled for Dr. Alvarez on June 10th. Scared to death even though everything looks good. It is more $$ than others paying for peace of mind I guess. Are scheduled yet?