Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh I cheated and feel crappy!

So I am day 8 and just ate a freaking fish taco! My depression got the better of me and now I hurt! Did I totally screw up?! I was doing relatively well, but this just got me... I could cry!

Don't cry! I so feel your pain! I'm 9 days out and I'm so tried of this liquid stuff I could just stuff my face w everything!! I'm not even hungry just want to chew!!! My depression is setting in also. I've been home all week recovering and now Friday night is here and my husband and kids are tried from being gone all week and don't feel like doing anything. Maybe I'll play on the Wii

Yes! That's how I am! I need to get back to work on Monday... But the thought of putting on jeans sucks too. I'm just concerned I'm going to keep cheating. I need to get a grip. Good luck to you!!!!

@@JoieDeBanded are you in the pre op? I don't tell people this much but I cheated a few times during my pre op and still lost 18lb, I'm not giving you permission to cheat, but if you can jump back on the wagon right after it usually turns out okay.

Josiedebanded, don't cheat. You don't need leaks or complications. Not sure what procedure u had but follow the plan! U can do it!

I think I needed last night... The cheating, the pain, the concern and the guilt/shame. Helped me try to get my mind on track again. I will make mistakes, but this is important!

So you cheated, your only human. Now that you've got that out of your system try not to dwell on it and get back on track. Trust me I know how you feel, I can not wait to get off these Protein Shakes and actually have something in my mouth I can chew! Try not to beat yourself up and focus on what's important. Good luck, you can do this.

Don't feel bad. Remember today is a new day. How bad can fish tacos be and if they were the ones all fried up take that as cheat day and tomorrow start anew. Just remember when you eat something and want to chew to make sure you chew your food very very well. I'm about 10 days post op and had 1/2 and egg roll (the day after my family order Chinese) so it was cold. I learned the hard way trust that is not a soft food when not warmed up plus chewing.

When you feel like you messed up just remember to calm down, just breathe and today is a new day

Only thing about the post-op diet that I would be worried about, is doing physical damage to your band...you just had major surgery under full anesthesia..... There is a reason for the food regime (liquids, mushies, etc) one has to follow, and it has NOTHING to do with loosing weight.

It is about letting yourself heal so within time, it will be safe to eat things like fish tacos....I had to follow a set post-op diet for 30 days before I could return to "Normal" solid foods.

THEN the fills - band adjustments started, and THEN it started to become all about loosing weight and learning what foods are band friendly or not....

It was THEN that I learned that tacos of any kind became on my "Do Not Eat" list because they are of a bad texture, too harsh, caused me reflux, and did not pass through the band very easily...high risk of getting stuck no matter how careful I am........That is why I do not eat tacos, along with a whole list of other foods I will no longer eat.

Not because they are part of some kind of diet, (I'm done dieting...forever!) but because I am banded and being banded is why I lost all my excess weight.

So next time you want to eat that fish taco, don't think about loosing weight or not, think about winding up back on the operating room table! Everything you worked for to get to this point in jeopardy!

Sorry for ranting, but sometimes I can't help it. don't take it personal.

Edited by B-52

I was so scared to damage my new band that I went strictly by the book. when I was cleared to eat solid foods I started with something easy like scrambled eggs, refried Beans and any meat I ate was in a sauce or moist like chicken thighs. If you cheat, remind yourself why you are doing this, I even now after 2 years catch myself wanting to eat things like French fries or ice cream (my addiction) but after going through the pre-op phase, the post op surgical weeks on liquids ,the fills with days of liquids, I will be damned if I mess it up. Be strong and continue on the path of good health.

Wow! You are brave! It didn't get stuck!! I had a couple of sips of you yogurt and a lil of cream of wheat and Had an anxiety attack I was so full!