Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a vet buddy in MO for a newly sleeved Nurse...Help

Hello,

I am a newly sleeved 34yo Nurse in MO surgery date of 2/11/2015. I am down 20lbs but am not sure I am doing everything I need to do to maximize my weight loss as I have not loss any weight since the first week of my surgery. In fact gained two pounds this week. I am not eating much as I mostly eat about 6 oz of chicken salad and 5 to 10 melba small bite size crackers per day. I drink about 48 oz of crystal light per day. I just started working out yesterday in the gym for 30 minutes. I am afraid of not being successfule after I took my family and myslf throught this procedure. Please help...not sure what to do now the procedure is done...

You are only a couple weeks out and you are eating crackers and chicken salad? That seems awfully early to me. But if it's on your plan and you are tolerating it well . . .

My guess is that the 2 lbs you went up is Water weight, normal fluctuation, or something like poop. I don't see how you can be gaining fat at this point. You have dropped a lot of weight since surgery, so don't stress about that. Follow your plan and don't pay as much attention to minor fluctuations, which are normal. It's also completely normal to stall between weeks 2 and 4 after surgery, so it sounds like you are right on track with that.

I do wonder how much Protein you are getting. Most chicken salad is very fatty and not so much actual chicken. Are you getting your minimum 60 grams of protein every day?

I was sleeved on 2/16 I'm down about 11lbs. Doctor has me on a 70gram Protein diet with 400-500 calories. I have been on a liquid diet since my surgery. Only aloud to intake 3-4oz of liquid at a time. And get to start my purred/mashed phase on Monday. I'm so excited for some real food. I have also been juicing a rainbow of vegetables. Hope that helps good luck to you

Hey ladies thanks for your input. I can only say that I love crackers and the doctor has them on the list so I have enjoyed they are only 19 carbs for every seven crackers which is not bad and I can never eat seven at a time I usually only have 7 to 10 in a day. The chicken salad has chicken, mayo, relish. I had tilapia and yogurt with my chicken salad for the day yesterday and I lost a pound. I think I am right in line for the stall as someone else said unfortunately this may be my problem. I will post updates here keep me in your weight loss prayers!

You don't say "where in MO", I'm in the KC area. My plan included working up too 1000-1200 calories with 75-100g of Protein, supplements and all the Water I could hold, (which wasn't much). I exercised 5xper week. Still do in maintenance. I was allowed crackers once I hit the puree stage, but a couple of rice crackers was all I could fit with a little chicken salad or hummus or whatnot in the beginning. The crunch was awesome after all that mush! Agree, with those who've said get more protein. I had to add Snacks to do it or I'd have never topped 800 calories the first few months. I stalled at 3-4 weeks but only a little. My loss the rest of the time was slow, steady and complication free.

Hello bikrchik thanks for the info. I am in the St Louis area and this stall is driving me crazy. I am afraid that the procedure may not work for me. I am burning 400 calories at least per day in the gym and yet the s ale is going up and I know I am not taking in more than 1000 calories and i am certain that most days I am way under that. I will increase my Protein this week to see if that helps. Thank you again.

Hi,

I'm in the St. Louis area in Missouri. I had my sleeve on March 19, 2014. I'm down 130 pounds. I want to lose another 30 to 40 pounds. I'm walking 4 miles a day 3 to 4 times a week and going to the Y. I had a terrible start with my surgery. I was literally sick in bed for about 7 months throwing up and nausea 24/7. I was finally diagnosed with Bile Reflux after being referred to a different surgeon. He wants me to have gastric bypass SURG to correct the Bile Reflux. As sick as I got with the sleeve procedure I'm not wanting to haven the other Surg. I take 3 stomach medicines a day and I'm doing pretty good. I love being active now and can walk a 20 minute mile. I would love to talk with you. If we are close maybe we could get together and walk. There are a lot of foods I can't eat or I get sick. It's been so exciting getting a new wardrobe and giving away the clothes that don't fit me. laurie