Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting closer to surgery date, having problems seeing....

...myself as a thin person. I think that in the past I have failed so much that my brain is trying to sabotage me before I've had the chance to even try. It's not going to happen...I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!! But it is really hard for me to envision myself differently. I can't wait to see what I look like 2 months from now, 5 months from now, 8 months from now, a year from now.

I went through some clothes today that I had set aside for my post surgery loss and I didn't want to throw away all the new clothes I bought this time last year for a cruise...but they were all 3x and 22w sizes. I had some really cute dresses that I had a hard time parting with. Including the one I wore to my brother's wedding....I almost cried over that one. Why didn't anyone tell me how emotional that would be?? lol

Oh well....my rant of the night....thanks for reading lol

@@laurenella82 Girl, there is nothing about my 2x / 22w clothes I like. As a matter of fact, I keep getting coupons from Lane Bryant and I laugh at them. Like hell I am going to spend another dime in there.

I am going to wear my stuff until it falls. Then I hear the best transition is dresses. They are more forgiving because it is okay for dresses to be lose as opposed to droopy pants.

Edited by Pac-woman

GIRL you can do it! I am 6 weeks out and I am SHOCKED when I see the changes already. You will do great!

@@Pac-woman I was thinking about dresses too. I would love to have some wrap dresses because they kind of adjust with you. I used to have 5 or 6 when I was like a 12-14 but that was like 10th grade lol

I agree re: Lane Bryant...not one more penny from me; not one more penny towards overpriced, horribly styled, poor quality crappy clothes.

Too bad I hate dresses LOL.

Yes! I did read somewhere that wrap dresses will last longer through the weight loss too!

Even when you're skinny you'll have a hard time seeing it. I'm still shocked when I see my reflection and when people tell me skinny, I immediately say "no I'm not".

It's a difficult transition but so very worth it. Best wishes!!

@@laurenella82 Did you ever consider saving your favorites and have them taken in. I have my maid of honor dress from my Best friend wedding and it's either a 18 or 20 and I am not getting rid of it!!!!! It's black and I ???? it!!!! It's gonna be a really cute cocktail dress someday....????

I did keep some things to have taken in but the dress from the wedding I wouldn't want to have taken in. It would be easy for my mom to make.

I also went through my closet and I am happily giving away all my summer clothes!! I felt so good when I kept putting more clothes into that pile. I cried but more of a happy cry. I get my sleeve on Monday.

I couldn't see it either, even after 28 pounds lost and 4 pant sizes down. But the other day, I was about to get in the shower and caught sight of myself in the mirror - and I could see, underneath the loose skin weight I hadn't lost yet, well I could see my old body. I could see it in there. It's not at the surface, but this is the first time in a decade that I could see a skinny me - she's there, I can reach her now!