Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many Wardrobes have you gone through?

So when I began this I was in a tight 28 now depending on how they are made I can wear an 18-22, This is starting to get expensive, I know I can go the thrift stores, there are times though even that is a bit much but my clothes are gettng really baggy, I'm not complaining it's not the world's most horrible problem, any advice on where to get decent clothes really cheap.

Ross, friends, clearance of jcpenney, Google Gwyneth Bee, I think pay a subscription then you can rent women's apparel. Old navy clearance rack.

There's a forum here that you can check out where plp are selling their old clothes check it out. I've seen a few post of plp selling size 22 20 and 18 clothing. I started at a size 20 and I'm down to a 18 but i also have a suitcase of old clothes from my smaller days so hopefully I won't need to buy a lot of clothes for now.

I go to Goodwill every few weeks. Clothes were rotating out pretty fast.

So when I began this I was in a tight 28 now depending on how they are made I can wear an 18-22, This is starting to get expensive, I know I can go the thrift stores, there are times though even that is a bit much but my clothes are gettng really baggy, I'm not complaining it's not the world's most horrible problem, any advice on where to get decent clothes really cheap.

I went through a ton of clothes. At the beginning, I was able to shop in my own closet as I still had smaller sizes in the back. Also...it took a good 50 lbs. before I really started to go down in sizes. But then I dropped sizes quickly and realized this was going to cost alot of money. I also bought way too much...I actually gave away clothes I had only worn once or twice...or not at all. I can't imagine what I've spent on clothes in the past two years.

I agree with others that you need to go to sales/clearance racks and spend some time looking for deals. I bought alot of stuff in Target and Walmart. I found very inexpensive slacks from JC Penney and bought them over and over in smaller sizes. At $25 a pair, it was a good value and I could wear them at work or around the house.

It's only now that I'm finally buying more upscale or quality clothing because I'm fairly stable weight wise. I just bought separates at Lord and Taylor. Tahari and Anne Klein for instance. I must say, there is a real difference between cheap clothes and better clothes. I don't mind spending the money when I'm happy with how I look in them.

I've gone through about 4 people's life time wardrobe:-) It's very expensive but it's also VERY rewarding! I went a smidge overboard though because I was so excited to be able to buy whatever I wanted. I still have things in my closet with tags on them that I never got to wear that are now too big.

Another great resource (not sure if they have these exact stores where you live) are stores like Plato's closet, or Clothes Mentor, they sell name brand gently used clothes at a fraction of the retail store price, some with the price tags still on them:-) They also will buy the clothes you can no longer wear as long as they are in good condition and still trendy. Another thing to look for are swap and shop sites through Facebook in your area. I bought a lot of clothes locally and then resold them when I wasn't able to wear them any more so essentially just traded my way through. It's a great resource.

Like @@gowalking I've pretty much stabled off and know what size I'm going to stay in, so now I'm really spending a ton of money because I'm buying the higher end clothes, because they are made to last. So what may be more upfront will save you in the long run, or at least that's how I'm justifying it:-)

I walked out of house to start my car this morning and almost went in to change. Note to self. Buy pants and use a belt

Edited by MarieMarie

This thread made me laugh......I look forward to my clothes falling off lol...I am down 45 lbs and still wearing the same darn size.....wth????

This thread made me laugh......I look forward to my clothes falling off lol...I am down 45 lbs and still wearing the same darn size.....wth????

Hang on @endzone. You're almost there. Like I said in my post, it took about 50 lb. to go down 1 or 2 sizes. Now, 10 lbs. or less can put me in a smaller size.

Its my necklines on my shirts. They have all gotten too big with my upper body/boobs shrinking. During the day I will look down and my bra strap is showing as neckline shifts or too much cleavage or bra are showing. I might put a few stitches in the ones I can

I sold some of my old clothes on a local swap site on Facebook so I had some money to buy a few new things. Before I could loose 20-30 pounds and not really go down in sizes. Now when I loose 10 lbs i can go down at least a full size. Was wearing a 3x shirt in summer and am now down to a large so I understand where you are coming from. It can get pretty expensive.

At first I just had my Mother take in my pants & shirts it took me a few months before I bought any thing , I figured why waste the money if I was going to keep losing now I will buy clothes when I need them but I am still trying to lose 30 more then I may buy more but right now I still rotate what I have if it starts getting loose then I will have my Mother take them in again but I still have a few clothes from when I started to remind me that I was that way , one day I threw on a pair of shorts just to have something on I went in the kitchen to get something to drink & they fell to the floor I won't be wearing those any more just glad there was no one around.

I think you are lucky to have a great tool and super lucky to have Mom around you????

Now that I turned 60, I do see my friends parents failing. My dad is bed bound going on 4 years. Mom has been gone 10 years.

Count your blessings????