Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 1/8. I haven't had any complications. No gas pain. I'm now On soft foods. But The past few days my stomach hurts on the right side. To the right of my belly button, above & below it. It's a constant ache but Hurts more when I bend or move a certain way. Sometimes it feels worse than others but seems to be getting worse as the days go on. Could this be a leak? I will call my dr tomorrow. But it really hurts tonight & it's making me nervous. I had my 1st followup last weds but wasn't feeling it then. Anyone feel something similar?

OMG, I have the same thing. I called my dr. He told me that it's pulling on the internal sutures and the muscle. He told me it will get better with time and to take it easy, not to aggravate it. Suggested putting ice in that area too.

I thought I was doing so well until last night when I sneezed and felt excruciating pain. It passed but holy mother of God it hurt so much....

I felt that too for a long time. it will go away, all of your innards are moving slightly. ^_^

Call your doc to be sure, but this is part of the healing process for your large incision.

Even though it feels like it's in a different spot. Something about pooling blood I think.

It's always best to call your Doctor,but it's scary wheni it's away from the incision.. Remember that your medical staff will answer any and all questions no matter how small.

In my experience it started about 2.5 weeks out and would come and go for a couple weeks after that. I used a heating pad on it and that worked really well for me.

I'm talking about a sharp burning pain somewhere below your large incision.

If you are very concerned please call your medical team.

I was always told you will know when you have a leak. You will feel horrible, have a high fever, very nauseous, rapid heart rate, can't tolerate eating anything

This has been helpful. I left a msg for my dr this AM but haven't heard back yet. I took Tylenol & it helped dull the pain. But that awful burning is severe when I cough or sneeze. I saw on another thread that it could be the gallbladder. But I think it's too low in my stomach to be that.

I had my surgery on 1/12/15 and I have had the same pain around my largest incision. It was really painful for the first 10 days and made it difficult for me to get in and out of bed or even sit down a certain way. my doc said that is normal and it is the muscles they had to sew back together. I am happy that I asked for an abdominal binder before I left the hospital because that has really helped. I still have the pain at times but it no longer hurts when I sneeze or cough.

I sneezed pretty hard the afternoon and felt pain near one of the incisions on the right side of my belly button. I continued to feel some pain for a few hours and I just checked and saw some reddish blood under the steri strips. I think I may have busted one of the sutures. I am 1 week 2 days post op. Anyone have this happen?

That is the 2-3 week muscle pain :( I guess it is from the internal stitch in the muscle. Mine hurt, a-lot, for about 6 days. The surg gave me a muscle relaxer, I took it for 2 nights, and it's gone. It was extremely painful, likely because I have a 15mo old I have to tote around.

So glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm 3 weeks post-op and about 6 days ago I started having the same type of pulling pain near my large incision. Wound up in ER last night because they wanted to make sure it wasn't a hernia (it wasn't and everything is normal medically). Any time I go from sitting to standing or I twist or bend, it is excruciating. I am glad to know that it will pass.