Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I had only one plastic surgery done (and I really don't think that I will) it would be on my arms.

I was such a mess that I had to do everything... I can't think of anything that I could have spent that money on that would have made me happier.

I'm 54 and in very good shape. I have a strict, intense fitness plan. I had the skin removed several months after getting within 10 pounds of goal weight. I knew from yo-yoing for 20 years the skin was permanently stretched. I couldn't afford it in the US so I went to Mexico for an arm lift, breast lift, lower body lift and inverted-t Tummy Tuck. That was several years ago. Then I returned 3 months ago for a facelift. Best money I ever spent and got excellent care and results.

I was told to wait at least 18 months which as far as I can tell has been good advice. I'd lost 95 pounds about 10 months in and have been watching my body continue to change tho my weight has been stable for the last 9 month or so. I'm 48 and carried 50-100 extra pounds since I was a kid. The skin sitch is actually better than I thought at this point. No overlapping anything, but lots of minor "puddling" and wrinkles on the legs and belly. Not sure if I'll do anything about it or not. Plastics are painful and an expensive proposition. I'd have no assistance from insurance as I can't prove medical necessity.

I went to cosmed Clinic in Tijuana. It's a modern, state-of-the-art, 2 year old private hospital with US board certified Mexican docs.

I was such a mess that I had to do everything... I can't think of anything that I could have spent that money on that would have made me happier.

Me too. Big mess, Money well spent. And probably not done.

For all of the procedures I listed in the body surgery part of the post I paid $16k, which included 10 days of care in the doctor's own 9-bed hospital with round the clock nursing...and I needed it!! The cash price for just a basic Tummy Tuck here in the SF Bay Area was going to be that much as an outpatient. The cost for the services I recieved if I paid for them in the US would have been close to $100,000.

It's the best $17,000 I've spent in my entire life in terms of return on my investment in happiness and improved quality of life.

@@Sara Kelly Keenan LC I know how you feel!!! Its incredible to do this for oneself.

I paid a similar price in NJ for my body contouring. Mine was a little more because it included a thigh lift. Or was your face lift included in that price, too? My total bill was $40k for body and face. I had them done with different surgeons, each an expert at what they do. I had a lot more done than just a facelift so I went to a facial plastic surgeon -- and Dr. Winslow did an amazing job.

Its a lot of money for sure but I am happy having spent it. Those prices outside the country sure are appealing! I think another patient that I am friendly with had her work at Cosmed... I've seen her naked pix and it was a very nice transformation. Please do not be offended, but I believe -- although not sure -- that I have heard some things in the news about cosmed that were concerning. Do you know anything about that? I may be wrong -- it may be some other place in MX.

That price was just for the body surgery in May of 2013. I paid almost $9000 for the facelift, browlift and neck lift 3 months ago and that included a week at cosmed. I wouldn't have returned there twice if I wasn't happy but surgery is always risky and surgery across a foreign border is even more so. There were also terrifying moments during recovery when I was vulnerable and felt alone and longed for caregivers whose native tongue was English.

If I'd had complications I knew I'd have to be driven across the border to a US hospital through a long US Immigration line for treatment and that is a risk I assumed. I'm just lucky I didn't have complications. I don't think it happens often but if it happens to YOU it can be VERY serious. I am done with plastics work but I will be going back there in a few months for Fraxel.

Edited by Sara Kelly Keenan LC

@@MichiganChic what else do you want?

Not totally sure...but my behind is still a little droopy, and my thighs need some tweaking. They are slightly uneven, and even though all of it's a million times better than it was, I think it could be better. I also think I might need some work on my neck at a minimum, and maybe my face. And then I start thinking maybe I should leave well enough alone - it's always so hard on me. I'm still recovering from a thigh lift and breast lift, so I may feel differently in a few weeks or months. But if money and pain were not an issue, it would not be a question.

Edited by MichiganChic