Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love the way I look and feel

I love what I see and how I feel now but I struggle with not meeting my goal!?! I had revision from band to sleeve on 1/28/24 I started out at 287 and I'm now at 193. I'm 5'9 and still curvy but LOVING it ????. I fuss with myself about not getting to MY goal which is 180 and my surgeon wants to see me at 160 ???? I feel like I would look like...pardon the phrase...a Crack head!!! ????

Anyone else struggle with this? Do I lose the weight and then feel uncomfortable in my own skin again? Do I do it for my health let's be honest I'm still overweight but beautifully so ????. Anyone else struggle with this????

Im in the process of getting the Lap-Band myself, waiting for the insurance approval. Just curious, why didnt the lap-band work for you?

My surgeon spoke to me about where he would like me to be. For my height of almost 5'4" my "ideal" weight would be 135lbs. HA! I actually laughed out loud in his office when he said that. I told him I have set my goal (for now) at 175lbs, he suggested 165lbs.

I think that going with a weight that YOU feel good at works for me. I had lost almost 100lbs years ago and was down to around 190ish and even at 5'4" I felt GREAT!! I had worked out a lot and think my body was shaped pretty good. Now I was still obese I believe at that weight but I felt good and thought I looked pretty good. ;) :D

I am hoping that as I continue to lose that I don't get to a point where those last 10 or 20 pounds drive me nuts. I believe the number on the scale is just a number it doesn't define us. Just like clothing sizes. It does feel great to zip up a smaller size of jeans, believe me you, but like the number on the scale no one sees your size tag.

You keep doing what you are doing, as long as you are doing what's good for you I see no reason to kill yourself to get to some number that your surgeon wants you at.

Good luck and keep rocking that beautiful body!!!

@@ivona0909 I had gotten the band in 2010 and lost 70lbs! But out of no where I just began getting sick. My food kept coming back up on me. They unfilled and filled me back up so many times but I just kept getting sick so I opted for a revision so I could actually sit and enjoy a meal no matter how small with my family again. Lol

I understand how you feel, but I am still trying to reach the midpoint of the BMI range for my height. Everyone says I look like I'm at a good weight now, but I would like to lose a few more pounds to see if that looks and feels even better. I want to be sure my loose skin is just that, not fat.

Edited by IcanMakeit

@@CheleLynn45 I think they need to throw out that old weight chart that they keep trying to get us to follow! There are so many different body types that we can't all be expected to fall into the same "healthy" or "ideal" weight. With that being said I'll continue in the gym to tone up but I'm gonna try and stay at this weight cause it does feel great! ???? but I know in a few days I'll look at that scale and say you can still get to your goal and look and feel just as good. ????

I guess it's better to deal with this than head hunger ???? lol

@@c-love Nope, your body, your life. Don't chase numbers, chase good health. Can you maintain at this weight? Is this a healthy weight for your height? Are you within the normal range for what would be considered a healthy BMI? Talk to your doctor about these things and perhaps come up with a plan for a compromise.

This was just before my revision

post-202775-14218560125583_thumb.jpg

This was in the summer at 220lbs

post-202775-14218562439295_thumb.jpg

@@BLERDgirl thank you! That's how I felt but then I guess I let the Dr's get into my head and then the scale.< /p>

Just glad to know I'm not alone....thought I was going crazy!

As far a maintaining I may go up or down as I have incorporated more weight training into my workouts than cardio

@@c-love - here's a blog you may love. BGG2WL She had a post about her own weight loss journey where she described how she actually gained weight when she wanted to improve her strength and endurance. I find her very inspiring.

My lowest recent weight (about 3.5 years ago) was 180 and I felt GREAT at that weight. So great that even went ahead and had plastics done. But then I regained the weight all the way back up to within 10 pounds of my highest weight (270). When I had my VSG in September, the nutritionist set my goal weight as 165, which is the lowest weight I've ever been at as an adult, back when I was 23 (I'm 35 now). My personal goal was 155, because that would put me at a healthy BMI. But honestly, if I just get back down to 180 again, I think I can be truly happy, because I really did look and feel amazing at that weight.

@@JamieLogical I'm sure you'll get there again!!!

My doctor didn't set a weight goal for me. Yay for Mexico!

My goal is to:

1. Run a 5k

2. Chase my kid through the slide at McDonalds

3. Feel sexy

Whatever number that happens at is where I'll be happy with maintaining.

@@scstxrn I believe that's the hardest part for me I've always felt sexy no matter my weight. I never looked in a mirror unless I was buying new clothes so my weight never bothered me until I found out I had a heart condition and needed to lose it in order stay around for my family. Then after 4 different opinions they figured out that it was something genetic and not my weight I was a lil upset that I had this surgery to get healthier and it's not gonna change a thing! I sabotaged myself for a few months because of the anger until I realized that it's gonna improve my overall health in the long run...is that strange??? Lol