Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I didn't really ask for anything for Christmas, I always feel so awkward when my family asks what I want. So I'll just say something along the lines of socks, undergarments, etc.

However, I've had a very eye opening Christmas surprise!

My parents both work full time and usually when we talk I felt like anything about my surgery was going in one ear and out the other. I mean I knew they understood the basics of what I could and couldn't eat but I figured that was it. I don't mean to say they don't listen, they do. I just feel like I was talking about all of it in passing. Like, "After surgery I can't eat that, or after surgery I can't take certain over the counter meds."

Well, at midnight on Christmas Eve my parents surprised me with a really awesome blender! I'm talking a professional future accident because I'm a klutz sharp blender.

My parents exact words, "We got you this because we knew you had to follow a post op liquid and pureed diet after surgery. This will make it easier compared to the other blender. Plus it has on the go cups!"

I literally cried. I mean I didn't even think about a blender for post op! (We own one already that isn't even a year old) I just can't believe my parents. I really can't. I haven't even gotten my surgery date yet! I'm still waiting for my insurance company to mail my approval letter!

Well, if my surgery doesn't go as planned or I end up arguing with insurance at least I've got a really awesome blender!

Edited by CC123

got you this because we knew you had to follow a post op liquid and pureed diet after surgery.

@

so wonderful that you have supportive parents :)

sounds like they surprised you with their support and present

many people have no support system - family/friends :(

so you definitely have a leg up

hope you get your approval/ WLS date soon

you'll have to jump through the hoops towards being approved for surgery

all is worth it

can't wait to greet you at the door to sleeveland :)

you are working hard, losing 34 lbs already :o

keep up the good work :)

kathy

congrats

They really know how to pay attention. Good parents!

I think sometimes people just don't know how to respond to our type of surgery. I mean some might get insulted if they say it's a great thing you're doing, others may get offended if nothing is said, or how about the worst thing by saying why didn't you do it sooner? etcetera... Sometimes you can't win no matter what you say, so some may not say anything at all, but by getting you that blender they are showing you they support you and love you and want to do what they can for you. You are seriously blessed, my dear, I would do anything to have parents like that. Merry Christmas and good luck to you!

My Dad has been on the pre-op diet and post-op sleeve requirements. We take walks everyday. He goes to every appointment. He supports me in every way. I love him so much. I couldn't have made it this far without him.

That's awesome!!!! It's great to have family that supports you! I just purchased the Ninja

This post makes me smile!!! :D :D :D

I have a ton of support and feel so blessed. I am glad your parents are on board and supporting you in this journey!! You will definitely need it, sometimes more than others.

My mom was so excited for me but I could tell she was what I thought was nervous? Turned out once I really explained things to her, information was just what she needed. Now she is so supportive that when we went out to eat last time she was here (she is losing weight also, using myfitnesspal) she ordered something off the menu she normally would never just so I could have my 3oz of Protein. Love her!!!

Keep us posted on your journey!! Good Luck!!

This post makes me smile!!! :D :D :D

I have a ton of support and feel so blessed. I am glad your parents are on board and supporting you in this journey!! You will definitely need it, sometimes more than others.

My mom was so excited for me but I could tell she was what I thought was nervous? Turned out once I really explained things to her, information was just what she needed. Now she is so supportive that when we went out to eat last time she was here (she is losing weight also, using myfitnesspal) she ordered something off the menu she normally would never just so I could have my 3oz of Protein. Love her!!!

Keep us posted on your journey!! Good Luck!!

Yay for supportive friends and family!!

My mom and I actually watched a video of the sleeve procedure. I thought it was gross but she thought it was cool.

She also wanted the surgery 6 months ago but together we lost about 40ish pounds each and she didn't qualify for surgery anymore because her BMI was normal!

Edited by CC123