Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know about you but I am LOVING all the awesome responses we are getting to the daily positive posts from Wednesday and Thursday. Let's keep the momentum going! For today, to reflect on Thanksgiving and the holidays, how about you toot your own horn for just a minute! Sometimes it's easy to be down on ourselves, but why not share something that you've done for someone else that not only made them feel good, but it made you feel good, too! It's ok to pat yourself on the back from time to time!

Ok, here's mine. One year at Christmas time as my family asked me what I wanted for Christmas I got caught up in the thought that I really don't NEED anything. So, I thought, wouldn't it be really cool if instead of buying crap for me, all my family purchased a gift for a child that would otherwise have nothing at the holidays. My mom took the lead of finding the child, a little girl about 6 years old. My family purchased different items for her. A bike, a coat, a bookbag, other assorted clothing and lots of toys. They laid it all out on the floor under my Mom's Christmas tree and took a picture of it and wrapped the picture up for me with a copy of the letter that my Mom had written her about how we all chipped in to give her a wonderful Christmas. It's one of my favorite memories, and one that made me want to "adopt" a child for Christmas every year.

C'mon and share something you've done!

I volunteer at two shelters for women who have left abusive situations with only their children and the clothes on their backs. I collect clothes, toys, reading materials, etc. from local businesses and my friends and clients. Once they are settled, I do image consultation for their re entry into the job force, including makeup and clothing as well as interviewing skills. I also teach self defense classes to help rebuild confidence and their personal awareness.

@@LipstickLady you are my hero. As a DA survivor, "thank you" isn't enough for what you do.

@@LipstickLady I am. I am married to my best friend and love of my life for almost 4 years now. He is my champion, my ultimate supporter, and my personal cheerleader. I wish for everyone the kind of love we have. But, before I ever got here I had to fall in love with myself. That was a long, tough journey that included everything emotional, spiritual, and mental. I'm just now getting to the physical part, and I can finally do that knowing that my partner loves me for who I am, and that I'm content within myself, too.

@@LipstickLady @@bobbyswife - you are both such beautiful women! Amazing things you both have done and continue to do!

As someone who has always worked in the service industry, you see how dishonest and money hungry these people can be. An aspiring preacher/ex-rape victim who was at the time homeless just needed a room at my hotel so she could get clean and go back and forth to interviews. She was low on cash, and I helped her with her bill as an anonymous donor so she could have the extra time to get on her feet.

I would just want to know someone would take care of me that way if I ever was that far down on my luck.

@@Shell88 That's what it's all about! Keep loving others and it will come back ten-fold!

@@LipstickLady I am. I am married to my best friend and love of my life for almost 4 years now. He is my champion, my ultimate supporter, and my personal cheerleader. I wish for everyone the kind of love we have. But, before I ever got here I had to fall in love with myself. That was a long, tough journey that included everything emotional, spiritual, and mental. I'm just now getting to the physical part, and I can finally do that knowing that my partner loves me for who I am, and that I'm content within myself, too.

@@bobbyswife, that's the brass ring. Actually, it's the platinum ring you've grabbed there.

Congratulations to you. :)

Edited by VSGAnn2014

A couple of people I know are in very tight financial situation s. When I can I'll get them a grocery store gift card. Also, throughout the year I donate to our local food bank, and at Christmas we do the Marines Corps "Toys for Tots."

@@pink dahlia that is awesome! Love it