Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The most positive post on this site

If you're reading this, please participate! So, it's a week before Thanksgiving and I thought it would be fun to post a new positive thread each day up to next Thursday. For this first one, how about you give a shout out to at least one person on this site that you are thankful for! Maybe it's someone you just met, but inspires you. Maybe it's someone pre-op that you identify with. Maybe it's someone post-op that makes you feel like anything is possible. Whoever it is, give them a thank-you here and make sure you tag them :D

I am thankful for @@The Candidate, for new friendship and the promise of a good laugh. I am thankful for @@Kindle for her recipes and stories, @@LipstickLady for telling it like it is, @@Miss Mac for always being the voice of encouragement, @@BeagleLover for being the first to reply to me when I got here, @@woo woo for sending me samples of extra Protein packs she had. I could name so many more! Who are you thankful for? Let's make this the nicest thread going!

What a great idea! I do have to say that this site has helped me get through my obsessive/compulsive first month post op.

I'm thankful to @@BeagleLover who is always supportive of my posts. @@LipstickLady has just the right dose of sarcasm that makes me laugh a lot. And thanks to @@bobbyswife for starting this thread.

I"m sure I've missed a bunch of people but I have a short memory.

I am pretty new and don't know to many people on this site, but I'm thankful you started a post like this.

Awe, thanks! I hope others will chime in! So often I think we get wrapped up in what's going wrong in our life, we forget to take time to be thankful :)

Awwwwww....thank you both! You totally made my day.

I'm going to send a little shout out to @@VSGAnn2014 for "getting me", @@proudgranny for always being the rainbow in the clouds and to an old friend I miss, @@Madam Reverie. I hope she makes it in here.

There are so many more great peeps to mention! Ugh...the pressure. :D

xxxooo

This is a great post! I am thankful for Alex for starting this website, first and foremost! I've only been on the site for about 2 weeks so can't remember many people's screen names, but I do remember @@Elode and I am thankful for all her posts & comments, and answering some questions I've had along the way, as well as everyone else who has been so helpful!

Oh definitely @@Alex Brecher, good one! And @@Elode for mentioning so many good things to remember to take to the hospital, etc. like the glade plug-in!

Aww that makes my heart smile! Thank you guys! I don't know how to tag names out side this thread but I'm thankful for everyone who ever shared any advice with me and my PM group. I get new people PMing me almost everyday which is flattering but I'm still just a newbie too! I'm happy to share any advice I can with truth and honesty ❤

Keep that sweet spirit @@Elode! PS - the way to tag, you just do the "at symbol" followed by the name of the person as it is listed (but no space after the @). If they have a space in their name, make sure to include the space :)

Edited by bobbyswife

Oh ok thank you. I do the "mention" thing. I've noticed a lot of people will talk to me but I don't see it unless they mention me, if not I go through and read all the threads I've posted in periodically to see if I need to respond. It's time consuming but if someone ask me a question I dont want them to think I'm ignoring them. And thank YOU for checking on me after my surgery!

Edited by Elode

I like reading all the interesting experiences on this board. I've gotten some helpful tips from many, but most importantly I enjoy having a community that has this in common.

I will be eternally grateful to RJ's Beginnings. RJ has been through more complications than all of the rest of us put together. And everytime she gets knocked down, she gets right back up. RJ, maybe your nickname should be Weeble (as in Weebles wobble, but they don't stay down). I was thinking of Madam Reverie the other day. When I first came on this site about a year ago, she was one of those always chiming in. Boy, I tell you what (or wuhhhht - as some of my people in Westport, Indiana say)if you wanted the cold hard truth, you go to Madam Reverie.

Absolute ditto to Miss Mac's post. @RJ'sBeginning is the poster child for the power of positive attitude and is an incredible inspiration. And boy, I sure do miss @@Madam Reverie I would also like to express my thanks to @@back2barb78 , @@hoosiergirl, @@raven123 and the other OCCers whose posts and stories made my decision to go to Mexico for surgery such an easy one.

Edited by Kindle

Some wonderful people who have reached out to me and given me strength as I go through a very stressful time in my life, and some WLS veterans who always inspire me by keeping it real:

@@enjoythetime

@@Bandista

@@gowalking

@@lisacaron

@RJ'S/beginning

@@CowgirlJane

@@proudgrammy

@@☠carolinagirl☠

@@Debbie3sons

@@LipstickLady

@@pink dahlia

@@HealthyNewMe

@@2muchfun

@@B-52

@@terrydumont46

@@labwalker

@@Alex Brecher

And more names that I am forgetting right now. This board has been a lifesaver for me.

Edited by JustWatchMe

I am grateful for @@bobbyswife for extending the warm hand of friendship. I can't imagine going through this experience without her.

I am also grateful to @@plussizecrossfitter and @@Photo925 for sharing all the details of their Kaiser journeys with me. This is an oftentimes difficult process and having the personal insight of others makes it so much easier!