Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my aching damn foot

So what the heck did I do? Dunno

So I started at 240. No back pain, no knee pain, just hbp and asthma and well fat

I get to 190 and have severe sciatica in the right leg

Go to ortho. Get xray and mri. All looks good. Severe pain anyway.

See a chiro. I have my hips all screwy. One back adjustment later a little better. And so this continues with weekly adjustments until I get to 180 and it just disappears.

Upper back pain now begins. Again chiro. Ok a little better.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday at midnight.

Now 173 pounds

Foot cramp wakes my ass up.

Carefully straighten my foot massage it. Wide awake here lets go pee.

Well I fall flat on my ass because my foot is out. I mean crying like a baby on my ass Pain is excruciating.

Hands and knees we make our way to the potty. We grab the aleve from the cabinet above and take one.

4 hours later still awake in bean town. Still in pain. Need to go potty. Ok. Test the foot. Little better. Get half way there kaboom back on my ass

Took another aleve

Morning. On my ass get down the stairs. Get into the car. Drop off kids at school. Hubby at train.

It's the left foot thank god and off to the ER. They have a valet. Oh heaven

In a wheelchair. And several hours later and numerous feel ups by somewhat cute and young ER doc. I have plantar fasciitis.

Huh? No I don't think so. Take an xray. No need. Huh? I can't walk. It's the bottom of my foot not the heel

Yesterday I go to a foot/ankle surgical podiatrist. Who takes an X-ray

Confirms nothing broken but I have damaged the tendons in my foot. Say what? How?

Well you lost a lot of weight and increased your activity. And when that happens your tendons sometimes give way/get loose

So here I sit. Applying flexor Patches to my foot. No more aleve by mouth

And using some really lovely crutches.

I think I traded some problems for new ones.

But still down 67 pounds

They want me to take steroids but honestly don't think I will. Took 4 yesterday and wanted to eat the roof

Goodness!! Take it easy! (steroids are the devil!!)

I had sporadic upper back spasms when I was heavier, going back more than 10 years. The chiropractor said it was a combination of things: mild scoliosis combined with slight leg length difference combined with "pelvic" instability from having children. All righty then! Monthly adjustments and alls good. Forward to today: down 80 pounds. Starting mid-August with sciatica. Multiple visits to the Chiropracter. And a PCP visit. And muscle relaxers. And oral steroids. And pain meds. MRI. Now I'm referred to a pain center - likely for a steroid injection into the area. Ugh!

Interesting though - my surgeon, PCP and Chiropracter all agree that the weight loss has changed the various stress points on my body. I walk differently. I know I sit differently (I can cross my legs!). My joints haven't adjusted as rapidly as I've lost the weight so things have shifted out of whack. I'm getting there though. It beats being a walking time bomb (heart disease, sleep apnea, diabetes, etc) because of my weight. I just sometimes have to remind myself of that, especially when it hurts. :/

I definitely sympathize - hang in there!!

Edited by kvlasy

Just a guess but it sounds like you may not be drinking enough Water. Many of the symptoms you are describing can potentially be a result poor hydration.

Definitely not due to Water. I get about 64 ounces a day

@kvlasy. I agree my joints and muscles have not caught up to the rest of me.