Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am literally gagging on my morning Protein shake! After doing so well getting all my fluids and protein in from day #1!! I'm upset. Plus I guess because I THOUGHT I was doing so well physically, I guess I pushed myself too far, and set myself back to feeling worse than I did the day after surgery. My incisions don't hurt or anything, but my a** is draggin! My 15 year old daughter looked at me as we were walking into Walmart yesterday and said "Mom...you look like a strung out druggie". ???? Nice. She said my eyes were just really sunken in and dark all the way around. I am drained, which is making it hard for me to get my walks in, I'm bored with full liquids, I don't think I can swallow another sip of protein. Ugh!! But on the flip side I've been losing an average of 3 pounds a day. I started my 2week diet at 247, and the morning of surgery id was 237, but when I got home, I was back up to 247 from all the fluids they pumped into me during my hospital stay. I lost back down to 237 four days post op, and this morning I weighed in at 225. So I am making progress, but I'm in some kind of mood and feelin sorry for myself

:( *sigh*

Have you taken your Vitamins and B12? I can't stand the Protein Shakes either and I am having trouble getting in 30 grams of Protein. I'm just making sure I'm hydrated. I'm on the pureed phase now, but it's not much better. They have dissolvable B12 and I think that really helps me. I hope it gets better soon.

so, strung out druggie is your halloween costume for this year! lol...

based on other things in life, both medical and otherwise, i would suggest not expecting each day's status to be improving on a straight trend line upwards. most things go back and forth a bit, with overall improvement noticed over a longer term than one day. so try not to beat yourself up.

distilling your post, i hear: you're tired, and you're bored with your diet. so give yourself a break and rest today! and maybe, look at some of the recipes people have posted on here, for every phase, and try something new to break your boredom.

congrats on the weight loss!

so, strung out druggie is your halloween costume for this year! lol...

based on other things in life, both medical and otherwise, i would suggest not expecting each day's status to be improving on a straight trend line upwards. most things go back and forth a bit, with overall improvement noticed over a longer term than one day. so try not to beat yourself up.

distilling your post, i hear: you're tired, and you're bored with your diet. so give yourself a break and rest today! and maybe, look at some of the recipes people have posted on here, for every phase, and try something new to break your boredom.

congrats on the weight loss!

HAHAHAHA! Yeah! Apparently!!! She don't care what she says...no filter. Smh LOL!

Thanks for the advice....I think I will just rest today, and not push myself so hard. Maybe I'll just make sure I get all my Water in today and only whatever else I feel like. It's definitely exhausting trying to keep on top of all the requirements. Of course, if I was left to my own devices since surgery, I wouldn't eat ANYTHING...ever. I have zero desire, although I know I must in order to stay alive. CRAZY how my appetite just disappeared. (I watched a video of the gastric sleeve procedure yesterday, btw..and WOW! No wonder I don't have any desire to eat)

I had the same problem, my motto was get the first Protein Drink in as soon as I got up and get it out of the way. I was hitting the YMCA every morning at 5 and drank the Protein drink after that. I switched things up. Exercise every other day and drink a whole bottle of Water before even starting my protein and it has helped with the nauseous sick feeling I was getting from the protein drink. And I have also learned not to take my Vitamins any where near when I was going to drink my protein drink because it really made me sick to my stomach. You will find a routine what works best for you. I use GENEPRO protein bought on Amazon. It was approved by my NUT. It is fantastic! Helped to get all of my protein in plus some and I was struggling. I am 10 weeks post op on Monday and I can eat anything now but still cannot eat enough to get my protein in without Protein Drinks. But that's ok I can tolerate them now. Good luck!

I had the same problem, my motto was get the first Protein drink in as soon as I got up and get it out of the way. I was hitting the YMCA every morning at 5 and drank the protein drink after that. I switched things up. Exercise every other day and drink a whole bottle of Water before even starting my protein and it has helped with the nauseous sick feeling I was getting from the protein drink. And I have also learned not to take my Vitamins any where near when I was going to drink my protein drink because it really made me sick to my stomach. You will find a routine what works best for you. I use GENEPRO protein bought on Amazon. It was approved by my NUT. It is fantastic! Helped to get all of my protein in plus some and I was struggling. I am 10 weeks post op on Monday and I can eat anything now but still cannot eat enough to get my protein in without protein drinks. But that's ok I can tolerate them now. Good luck!

Genepro? Thanks! I just read up on it and I think that's probably what I need. I'll be ordering it today.

You sound dehydrated, make sure you get your Water in!

I agree. Genepro! Best. Protein. Ever.