Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post your daily routine for food.

Hello. I was sleeved on October 7th. I go to soft foods on the 28th and then can advance to solid as I can tolerate. My first week was rough, but every day has been better and I actually feel better now than I did before surgery. I don't have a scale but on day 8 I had lost 20lbs and I would safely say I've lost 25 or more now. I'm currently on pureed and it's been going ok. I went back to work at 10 days and I walk 8 or more hours a day. Energy is ok most of the time, however at night I completely crash. I know I'm not taking in enough calories for my workload. I've been logging around 6-700 calories a day. I honestly have cheated a couple of times and had a few soft foods, I chewed them up well and didn't have any issues so I know I can advance to a normal diet not long after the 28th.

I've been researching diets on bodybuilding.com as I plan to lift considerable after 6 weeks. Most of the diets I'm finding though call for a fair amount of food to be consumed. I know that I will not be able to consume that much so I would like to see what ever uses in their daily food, specifically lunch and dinner. I'm a creature of habit and eat mostly the same meals on a weekly basis. In the past I've rotated certain meats every other day (seafood, steak, chicken, turkey, then repeat).

Here is my current routine:

Breakfast: scrambled cheese egg.

Snack: Premier Protein shake

Lunch: pureed something (refried Beans, mashed potatoes, etc)

Snack: Premier Protein Shake

Dinner: Thick Soup, tuna salad, etc.

Please post your favorite lunch or dinner and a recipe if you have it! Thank you!

I love that you're on your feet all day. That can only help/speed up your weight loss. I agree that 600-700 is not enough calories for you a) because you're a guy, and B) because you put out so much energy during the day. With the Protein shakes as Snacks I would think you would be taking in more calories. I would try to find a shake that has twice the calories in, perhaps, the same volume of liquid or a little more if you can't drink it all. I imagine, since you're working, your shakes are pre-packaged. I know there are some larger/higher calorie shakes out there....or maybe you should try to get down 1.5 or two shakes for Snacks. When I have time to use the powdered stuff I use Body Fortress Super Advanced whey Protein Drink. Two scoops of that and 8oz nonfat mile or milk sub will give you almost 600 good/lean Protein calories = added energy/strength as well as healthy weight loss. As you are on your feet all day - you are surely burning those snacks and could use more to sustain you. As I'm single and don't cook/create meals (hence, creature of habit) lol, I do the repeat thing also. As such, I've been googling stage 2 & stage 3 bariatric meal ideas and have found some interesting stuff. I still don't know if I'm going to "prepare" anything, but there are ideas out there. You can even add "low or no cooking" meal ideas which may allow you to do a weeks worth of prep on your days off. Try adding 1/4c low fat cottage cheese and/or greek yogurt to your meals also as they are lean/good protein sources.

walking 8 hrs a day?!?!?! i don't get to do that a week on my job, you lucky person.

I'm a nurse practitioner in a busy pediatric clinic. My patient load varies daily but I'm constantly in and out of rooms. Very rarely do I get to sit. I was conditioned for this before surgery so post op I've transitioned well back into my daily routine. I seem to do fine all day but at night I completely crash. I'm not planning ahead for meals as I should.

Hi, I was sleeved on 8/11/14...so about 10 weeks out.

Typical day:

breatkfast: coffee, oatmeal with a little trailmix in it...nuts, seeds and dried fruit or a scrambled egg with spinach and a laughing cow cheese wedge...cooked in a little canola oil and garlic salt

snack: cheese stick or a couple slices of roasted turkey lunch meat

lunch: chicken, tuna or imitation crab...with a little egg, onion, pickle relish and lt mayo. eat it on special k crisps.

or refried Beans with cheese and taco seasoning

or a small salad with lean meat, cheese and egg

snack: greek yogurt

dinner: lean meat and veggies. sometimes veggie burger or wendys chili. and sometimes I have a few bites of whole grain Pasta or brown rice

snack: fudgecicle...40 calories and 5 grams of sugar! or if I need Protein I mix a scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate mix in with sugar free pudding

I'll be 4 weeks out on Tuesday and this is what I usually have.:

Breakfast: 1 egg with cheese or yogurt and usually a Protein shake about 9

Snack: laughing cow cheese or 2 tablespoons hummus

Lunch: either tuna with egg and lt mayo or Soup or some kind of Beans

Snack: cheese or another Protein Shake

Dinner: Beans or soup

I'm on purée stage till Monday so this will change when I start eating regular food.