Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss You Most / Don't Miss You at All

Thought it be cool to give people more incentive to go ahead with WLS while still being honest about the things we unfortunately had to leave behind. Do your best... or worst.

Miss you most - Drinking while eating... and bread - pretty much any kind, biscuits, rolls, cornbread, nom nom om... oh my God...

Don't Miss You at All - Hiding my weight, feeling ashamed to walk into a room of strangers or meet new people, and size 26/28 pants... how embarrassing.

Miss you most- soft drinks (dr. Pepper at a friday night football game)

Dont miss you at all- being out of breath all the time and my size 24 pants

From the standpoint of someone who had my first WLS in Feb. of 2008 (6.5 years ago) I've gotten over missing in anything over time. :) So whoever sees this, hopefully this will be true for you too. The fact is most will eventually be able to eat anything again, just in moderation. I purposefully avoid some foods because it triggers a bad response in me and moderation doesn't work.

But, my life as a fit, thin woman was worth every up and every down I've been through.

Miss you most: chocolate - my new stomach hates it but I still crave it!<br /><br /><br />Don't miss you at all: Hiding in every photo. I am nowhere near where I need to be but I am SO much better about being willing to be in photos!

miss you most is any form of carbonation sparkling Water soda etc. defiantly don't miss my size 24 pants and 3x shirts.

Miss you most: Anything with bubbles... diet soda, beer

Don't miss you at all: There are soooo many, but today, I'll say my previously non-existent social life! I'm a BUSY girl these days!

miss you most: not a damn thing.

don't miss:

walking with a cane, horrific joint pain, struggling to walk one simple block before having to sit, being unable to buy nice clothes, being fat, being ugly, being out of control, sitting on the sidelines and not being able to participate in anything, not being able to get down on the floor with my grandchild and get up again, not having a man in my life, looking like an old woman at 50 but now at 56, looking like I'm ten years younger, not having to worry if I can fit in a booth or in a chair with arms. Do I need to go on? I can you know...the list of 'don't misses' is a mile long.

Miss you most -- I don't exactly crave/miss them but seeing that bread basket at the table creates a little twitch in my eye. :)

Don't miss you at all -- feeling invisible to men... now I get looks and comments and have a new boyfriend! :)

Miss you the most: bread things :(

Miss you the least: Squeezing into too small pants because I was too embarassed to buy the "big" sizes. Being in constant pain from orthopedic issues, not being able to walk up the 2 flights of stairs at school, not wanting to date because men don't want to date a "fat" woman.

What do I miss....?

I truly do miss being able to drink with my meals. I love spicy foods and salty foods and if I don't wait at least 45 minutes after eating to drink, I am completely uncomfortable and will most often vomit.

I also miss ... uhm ... yeah nothing.

Oh wait. Wine. I miss it. It gives me terrible heartburn.

What don't I miss?

There is nothing about being fat that I ever want to go back to. Zip, nada, zilch.

Miss you most: Full, shapely boobs

Don't miss you at all: size 26 pants, 46 DDD bras, not being able to keep up with others, staying home on the weekends, sensible shoes, eating until I'm miserable.

Miss you most: I'll say it... I miss the ease of eating without thinking, without discipline, with reckless abandon. I would eat anything that sounded good, give in to every craving and whim, and with a bulletproof stomach that could take anything there was nothing off limits. I miss not having to tell myself no, like... ever. ALSO the questions about my "secret" to weight loss get a little old, but I'm trying to keep taking them with a grain of salt because that means i'm looking better and better.

Don't Miss you at all: Being invisible to men, or worse getting those rude stares, giggles and yes comments from the young buck hot-shots. Even though I'm married, it is SO NICE to be treated and FEEL like a lady and have people now wait to hold the door for me or offer to take my coat etc. Also cannot be understated how much better "bedroom life" is when it's not an unspoken struggle of "you really want ME to do the work? I'm going to have to take a half day off work because I'll hurt so bad/not be able to walk." I can cross my legs now, so I can wear skirts in public. Knee skirts, people. And I can sleep through the whole night instead of waking up multiple times. I don't ache like I moved a couch, every single day, when I wake up. The skin on the bottom of my feet is no longer leather grade, and I don't have to order double wide shoes online I can buy them in any store of the shelf. Normal jewelry fits. When I hug people, my boobs hit them first, not my gut. I don't avoid mirrors and pictures.

What do I miss ? Raw broccoli, chicken breast, and the conveinence of being to eat without "thinking" about it. ( reminding myself internaly to take small bites, chew well, small portions , and to be cautious with breads , rice, Pasta etc)

What don't I miss ? Being too heavy and uncomfortable mind, body and soul, ALL the time. Old lady size 18 clothes . The looks people gave me , kind of " she does' nt look like anybody I'd want to talk to/ get to know / flirt with, "etc. Now , its the complete opposite !!!! (My hubby loved me before, but he's VERY happy I lost the weight ( the old me is back ! )

Miss you most: All You Can Eat Buffets

Don't miss you at all : Frumpy "fat girl" clothes

Overall there are not as many things that I miss about my pre-band life The ability to overstuff ones face is nothing compared to the joy of being able to buy cute clothes.

Miss you most- Cookies and cream ice cream!

Don't miss you at all- The knee pains from all the extra weight and pretty much everything else...lol