Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PRE OP. DOCTOR LOPEZ MI DOCTOR--SO NERVOUS NEED SUPPORT!

Hello fellow sleevers

My name is Aliesha and I live in Toronto Canada. I have chosen to be a self pay patient for VSG in Mexico by the incredible Dr. Lopez (so I have read and researched) at Hospital MI Dcotor this coming December. and let me tell you all...

I am terrified....

I think its because im travelling out of country to get surgery and everything is sort of out of my element. My doc here at home has agreed to support me with this adventure, and do my follow up and she even said "if you come back from Mexico and have any issues, surgeons will see and treat you here" which took a load off my shoulders....im not in this alone. But I cannot help but be down right nervous and scared S**less because of the drastic measures I am taking to have this done. I haven't even been on an airplane before.

My only fear, really, is although I have read nothing bad about Dr. Lopez (except literally one single bad review) I still feel like because im taking these measures to have surgery, something is going to go wrong. What if im that small percentage tht has a leak? Or blood clot and I die? or internal bleeding? oh my gosh....

I keep having to tell myself that the same risks in mexico are ones I would take even here in Canada, and if I live my whole life in fear, ill never advance, improve...or LIVE.

Anyways im looking for some reassurance. I have read lots and lots to reassure me, but i wanted some more lol. im sorry if it sounds like rambling. Any and all support, reviews on doctor lopez both good and bad, your experience etc is welcomes, taken into consideration and appreciated.

Thanks team!post-237498-0-85935300-1413378255_thumb.jpg

Yes, yes, and yes!

I am having my sleeve done in Mexico with Dr. Ramos-Kelly in November, and even though I feel great about my surgeon, I *so* feel the lack if the support system available to sleevers who are able to go local and get pre-op visits, meetings with nutritionists, psychologists, etc. It's hard to do it on your own! I'm glad you have a doctor who will work with you after, just in case. I just keep listing all the reasons that I am doing this: to save my life, to be a fun and active mom, to be happy... It will all work out. :)

THANK YOU for your reply!!! its SO NICE to hear that other people are in this life raft with me! ive decided to document my entire journey on youtube for extra support. research has really put my mind at ease! my reasons are the same as yours, plus I have an added heart condition (not weight related) so id like to be the healthiest I can be. what hospital? Tijuana?

I have the option of Hospital Nova or Hospital Angeles. I'm going with Nova because it's $1,000 less, but I guess it's the difference between a big shiny medical center and a smaller rural hospital. I'm taking my husband with me, who speaks Spanish, and I'm so grateful because I just know I'll be nervous and overwhelmed the day-of. I mean, it's hard enough to understand medical jargon in full English-speaking hospitals, let alone in Mexico! ;) I'd love to follow you on You Tube--do you want to send me the link? (There's a message thing on here, right?)

We should both make lists of why we're doing this and hang them on our fridges!

Hi Rocky1--thanks for those thoughts. I am still feeling a little on the fence about Nova vs Angeles. My doctor has surgical privileges at both, and his office is actually at Angeles (I know that it's where I'll go to do my leak test), but you gave me some more good things to think about. Thanks!!