Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DOCTOR SAYS I AM EXERCISING TOO MUCH.

Went for my 6 week check up. I have been so tired but pushing myself to walk at least 5 miles a day, do some strength training some times ride the bike. Apparently I cannot eat enough to sustain that much exercise in a day. I didn't think I would ever hear that, but my NUT said to try and exercise every other day until I gain my strength back.

How much do you have to lose? I dropped about 30% of my excess weight the first month and didn't get that.

I have about 40 - 50 pounds to go, before surgery I walked close to 10 miles a day. Now I am so exhausted its hard to get in 5 miles. I am getting a little wobbly and light headed. I feel like I am getting dehydrated but the Dr was not so convinced of that of that. I am about 6 weeks post op and besides the first week have been feeling great except for the last few days when I am just exhausted. I get in over 100 grams of Protein. Most of my Water too but I have fallen short on water. Idk. But it is disappointing because I wanted to exercise a lot to lose faster.

Hello. We are about the same post op. I started to exercise and felt light headed as well. You have to compensate and make sure you are getting the Water in. I was told to increase my carbs a little. The body needs it for fuel. I also make sure that I eat something or drink a Protein shake before I exercise. When I did that, I did not feel light headed anymore. Listen to your body,its telling you something. And listen to your NUT as well. Why the big rush to lose weight so quickly? It will come off. Our bodies are still adjusting.

Later loser!

I found ithe aly stages that blood sugar could get low and make me dizzy. To combat that I eat 2 servings of fruit a day. As one other post said we do need carbos. I would like to add just not the grain and potatoe kind of carbos.

Hello. We are about the same post op. I started to exercise and felt light headed as well. You have to compensate and make sure you are getting the Water in. I was told to increase my carbs a little. The body needs it for fuel. I also make sure that I eat something or drink a Protein shake before I exercise. When I did that, I did not feel light headed anymore. Listen to your body,its telling you something. And listen to your NUT as well. Why the big rush to lose weight so quickly? It will come off. Our bodies are still adjusting.

Later loser!

I am not in a hurry, it's coming off. I just like to exercise now. I get lots of Protein in. I will increase my carbs a bit and see how that works for me. Thanks.

Yes, that is what my NUT told me. He said my blood sugar was low. It kinda hard in the beginning when you cannot eat a lot. It seems like I am always eating. At almost 6 weeks out, i am allowed crackers. I did have my hubby buy me some Triskets reduced fat crackers. Its no harm because I can only eat one cracker, lol.

I find this interesting. I needed fluids but that was it. I did a 10K 3 weeks and 1 day out and was doing a whole lot more than others, but nowhere was I this tired as others seem to be. I had troubles eating too.