Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone! Well I'am embarrassed to say that I have had solids a few times this 2nd week of post op. Now I feel horrible!! I am gassy,stomach growling and feel pressure on my right rib and have had pain on my right side all day. Tomorrow morning is my 2 week post op appt. What did I do to myself??

Our new sleeves do not like solids that early and that is there way of telling you that. This is our new tool and it works to remind me of what I did this for. Every now and again I slip up a bit and take that one bite too many and my sleeve rebels. Use this as a learning opp. Mention it at your appt tomorrow though just to be on the safe side.

Good luck

I have a serious addiction with food! I wasn't even hungry when I ate a double cheeseburger (just the meat) today from Burger King. Then I picked at my daughters nachos from Taco Bell! I will tell my doc. I'm so disappointed in myself and I appreciate your help :) I took a Gas x because I'm so bloated and gassy :(

What you did to yourself was teach yourself a good lesson. NO solid foods yet. I would suggest that you find a good therapy group that deals with WLS and food addiction. That can really help. Your gastric sleeve is a tool, not a cure all, so we all still have to deal with the temptations, the hunger, and the cravings.

Think of your 4 oz. stomach as a little coin purse. You can fill it with pennies. OR you can fill it with quarters. Which is going to be the most beneficial? Pennies are fats, fried foods, and other goodies that we may have to leave behind. Quarters are the new us! Quarters are the foods that will taste great and satisfy, but will keep us on a healthy track to weight loss and life long good eating habits. In the long run, quarters will give you a better profit...health profit.

Oh, and don't beat yourself up. We all have slips. I had a pure sugar and flour delight (pumpkin muffin from Perkins) about two weeks ago when I was just getting into the purees. Thought is was nice and soft and practically pureed.

OUCH!! Had to pull my car over on the highway and throw up. Luckily I carry lots of used plastic shopping bags in my car...thank goodness.

Maybe start your own support group in your own town. We have a really good one here in the Minneapolis area. We try to meet once a month, we're getting to know each other well, and we support each other. It's just a Bariatric Pal Chapter, but instead of just keeping it online, we like to do face to face get togethers.

Make one or two good Bariatric Pals through your chapter that you can call to help you get through the cravings.

I was sleeved 9/16/14. My pre op weight 8/28/14 was 223. I think I weighed 215 on day of surgery. Today 10/8/14 my weight is 208. I am feeling down as I feel it should be more. Anyone else this slow ?? :-/

JenVsg2014 - yes I am on puréed as of last week. I enjoy cream of chicken Soup. It's smooth and tasty. But for me right away I gained 3 lbs - so depressing. As of this morning I've lost 2 of those. Most other people that I've talked to - they stuck with shakes for Breakfast and lunch and then ate some type of Protein for dinner. I'm not finding anywhere online ideas for this time period. Which is discouraging. But what I have found is that my loss is half of the general sleeve population at this point. I'm not getting much exercise so maybe that's it. I also saw where one person couldn't eat a whole scrambled egg. I can with no problems. I suppose everyone is different. Another thing that I have eaten are the baby food meat sticks as well as Vienna sausages. Just chew chew chew. I really wish I could find more information. I sure didn't do all of this to get stuck and stay here after only 3 weeks :-/. Would like to stay in touch and encourage and bounce ideas off of one another if you would like. Another idea that someone gave me is refried Beans. She goes through Taco Bell and gets the pintos and cheese. I have not done that yet. She was sleeved around Christmas and has lost 60 so far. I'm in Texas - you ??

Say mcbrimn excellent way of explaining I just use that line on my 4 year old which bag would you want the quarter in the bag or the pennies he said I said when you learn to behave you get the bag with the quarters he turn around and said can I have both bags haha

post-235897-14130486811497_thumb.jpgI was playing hide and seek with the kids today I hid in the bath tub son said gose ready or not here I come. They both hunt the whole area so they yelling where are you. So my son tell his cousin mommy not here I can't find her anywhere .So she said where could she be they both three years old . So he responds to her we are here all by our self . The girl response why . Son response maybe mommy went in tv land . Come on Misyiah go in tv land and find her .she responds how .sons response you have to jump into the tv go ahead Misyiah .you go first ill wait right here .you ready he said she like yes. He goes ok when I ll count to three and you jump into tv land I busted out laughing so hard I almost p my pants that was the funniest thing ever thought I had to share that

Edited by godkeepsblessing

This is good for me. Sleeved 9/29/14 on my way to check up. Weight loss good. I'm not crazed over the scale. I'm off all diabetes meds. HUGE SUCCESS. now working on b/p meds. Clothes are loose. Very nice feeling. My focus is health. Anyone else?? I'm in New Hampshire and would like one or two buddies. Anyone out there.

Hello New Hampshire from Texas. I was sleeved 9/16/14. I too am off all diabetic medicine. My loss since surgery date is 15.8 (4 weeks). That's almost 4 lbs a week. Good luck on your dr visit. Keep us posted. These people in these forums have helped me tremendously. They will encourage you everyday. And they will also slap you back into reality when you freak out like I did this past Monday! They keep it real in here. They HELP in tons of ways. I'm so new, I rely on this site everyday !! ❤ Molly