Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post as I'm new to the site. I was searching for some puree food ideas for Phase 2 of Sleeve Surgery and came across this forum. Can anyone please suggest some ideas or recipes (simpler the better!) Actual meal plans are VERY VERY welcome. Like your actual meals that you eat each day. Thank you everyone who responds for your suggestions and help!

i have been on the pureed plan for 5 days. so far, i've done ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese with sugar-free blueberry sauce, cream of wheat, shredded chicken with gravy, tuna with mayo, some scrambled eggs, and cottage cheese. i can only eat so little....i make one serving and it lasts me for 3 or 4 meals. i also bought baby food just for fruits so i don't have to puree this stuff. exploring every day with all kinds of stuff to see what i can mash up. have not done mashed potatoes yet, but probably will eventually.

Thank you very much for your ideas. I'm trying to get off the Protein Shakes and yogurt b/c I'm getting very bored and tired of them. They are the easy go to and really easy to get down but ... I'm only a week into my puree stage and I'm already getting tired of these! LOL I'm in trouble but your ideas will help. Plus, I love Ricotta!

pureed chicken or turkey strips with peanut sauce

pureed sloppy joes with cheddar

smashed broiled fish with olive oil and garlic

pureed ground beef with salsa and cheddar

pureed turkey chilli with cheddar

(can you tell I love cheddar!)

Thank you for your suggestions...and I absolutely LOVE cheese. I actually thought I was going to have to give it up during this stage (except for ricotta). Have you tried salmon as a fish during your puree stage? IF so, how did you prepare it? I would really like to make salmon patties (salmon croquettes is what my family calls them) but is the frying part going to be ok? Or should I try to bake them instead?

My favorite was chicken breast pureed with "Better than Bouillon" chicken broth. Full of flavor, which i craved more than the food itself.

My wife also made a chicken Soup with carrots, celery and potatoes and chicken Then pureed it. Yummy!

Homemade split pea Soup really good too.

Tried the baby foods but they were awful!

:)

Edited by mick

pureed chicken or turkey strips with peanut sauce

pureed sloppy joes with cheddar

smashed broiled fish with olive oil and garlic

pureed ground beef with salsa and cheddar

pureed turkey chilli with cheddar

(can you tell I love cheddar!)

Cheddar, yeah! Heck, cheese, double yeah!! Ok, I love cheese people.

i'm not allowed to have beef yet. i tried cheese in my scrambled eggs and it kind of hit me like a rock.

Try using a soft cheese like American and melting it with some milk while you slowly scramble the eggs, it will add the calories and Protein you need but without the elasticity of cheese that can upset your tummy

thanks for the idea GummyTummy. i had crock-potted shredded chicken with some gravy last night and that also did not sit well. i don't know what's going on. i still tasting it in my gut this morning. i know i am not eating more than 1/4 cup of anything. my whole taste palate is totally off. i used to be an avid coffee drinker and now i can't even think about coffee w/o feeling sick. so far since surgery almost 2 weeks ago....the only thing that i really loved was the carnation no-sugar added Breakfast drinks. hope things get better.

I would not start Frying stuff right now, stick to the baking for now