Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jose Luis Curiel and Medical Tourism Corp?

Hello Sleevers!,

I am looking into several abroad options and just wondered if anyone here had used Medical Tourism Corp or Dr. Curiel in Tijuana? OR Clinica San Juan? Any advice for someone planning on going to Mexico? I don't plan to have the surgery until spring but I want to be super prepared. HELP!!!

P.S. I've also been quoted for BeLite Weight and A Lighter Me. Medical Tourism quoted me $3,950. The other to are upwards $4,600. Any experience with these companies?

I went through Specialized Bariatrics and my surgeon was Dr. Jacqueline Osuna.  I cannot even begin to tell you about the high level of care I received!!!  Of course it's nothing like here in the U.S. because there is such better organization and less government interference.

The hospital I was scheduled at was called Hospital MI Doctor.  It was small with no frills, but the rooms were nice, very clean, and each had their own bathroom. And the staff - from the nurses to technical and admin staff - was excellent.  Everyone spoke English...some better than others, but I never had a problem being understood.

My total bill was $4300.  That included 3 nights hotel in the beautiful Tijuana Marriott (with a pool that you can use the first night before you head to the hospital the next morning for surgery...when you are released from the hospital and go back to the Marriott for two additional nights, you won't want to open yourself up to any type of risk of infection).  The fee included transportation from the airport and across the border, then back across the border to the airport when I was ready to fly home.  And it of course covered the surgery and all medical care: lab tests, EKG, IV, medication, Xrays, etc.

I was so amazed at how the staff was so caring...as if you were the only patient...even though they had a highly organized and systematic approach to the entire process of getting patients in and out.  I met so many nice people too.

I really, really, really recommend Dr. Osuna or her husband Dr. Lopez.  They also practice with a doctor who is younger and has done many surgeries, but not quite as many as Drs Osuna and Lopez so the price for his surgery is $3999.

Here is the link: http://specializedbariatrics.com/

Hello Sleevers!,

I am looking into several abroad options and just wondered if anyone here had used Medical Tourism Corp or Dr. Curiel in Tijuana? OR Clinica San Juan? Any advice for someone planning on going to Mexico? I don't plan to have the surgery until spring but I want to be super prepared. HELP!!! 

P.S. I've also been quoted for BeLite Weight and A Lighter Me. Medical Tourism quoted me $3,950. The other to are upwards $4,600. Any experience with these companies?

Hi

Just wanted to let you know to keep very close track of what prices are quoted and what they are telling you is included in the package. I was initially told that two days of hotel were to be included in the price, one before surgery and one after. Well it turns out they are no longer using one of the hotels(Ticuan) and now they are looking to charge me for one of the two days of the hotel stay. One other item that you need to take into account is that they will charge you up to $1000 ADDITIONAL for any hernia operation(if needed) and any time you use a credit card they will also charge 4% on top of that. Just a few things to keep in mind when dealing with Medical Tourism Corp. So to be honest the difference in price may not be as significant as you think.

I am slightly concerned as to what if any other changes MTC might be making to my quote once I am out there. My POC is Regene by the way. I am currently scheduled for Dr. Curiel in Oct, Tijuana, MX and also in the Clinic San Juan. I am from Texas and speak fluent spanish. I am hoping that this will help me out a little for the operation.

I was advised of the hernia repair costs up front. I also got 3 nights hotel at the beautiful Tijuana Marriott. And my company - Specialized Bariatrics - even helped me get a special rate at the Sheraton in San Diego so I could stay two extra days in the area.

Hi

Just wanted to let you know to keep very close track of what prices are quoted and what they are telling you is included in the package. I was initially told that two days of hotel were to be included in the price, one before surgery and one after. Well it turns out they are no longer using one of the hotels(Ticuan) and now they are looking to charge me for one of the two days of the hotel stay. One other item that you need to take into account is that they will charge you up to $1000 ADDITIONAL for any hernia operation(if needed) and any time you use a credit card they will also charge 4% on top of that. Just a few things to keep in mind when dealing with Medical Tourism Corp. So to be honest the difference in price may not be as significant as you think.

I am slightly concerned as to what if any other changes MTC might be making to my quote once I am out there. My POC is Regene by the way. I am currently scheduled for Dr. Curiel in Oct, Tijuana, MX and also in the Clinic San Juan. I am from Texas and speak fluent spanish. I am hoping that this will help me out a little for the operation.

So how was your experience? Did u end up having to pay more when you got there? Regene is also my poc so im very interested if they tried to change your quote any..my surgery is set for march 5th