Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Fernando Garcia -- Sept. 19 Sleevers!

Is anyone going to be in TJ, Mexico on the 19th getting their sleeve? I am! Super excited. My parents are doing it as well, and I couldn't be any more happier than I am right now. Although I am a tad bit nervous--it's only two weeks away! I'm still waiting on my passport, and I'm hoping it comes in this week.

Surgery buddies?

I'm having my sleeve done Oct 15th by Dr. Garcia as well! Please post after! :)

Hi Victoria ,

I had the surgery the day before you with Dr Garcia. I think we actually met if you also had your cousin as support. Recovery has been good for me, hope yours has been good as well.

To be honest it was very simple. I flew in the night before into San Diego and stayed over night in San Diego because I arrived late. Was picked up next day at 9am. Cleared through customs no problem, didn't even look at my passport. Just to note just a quick note I did this by myself and traveled alone. Arrival at clinic did paper work and testing. That first part thing go very fast. Once I was ready then the waiting game began. Saw all the docs involve. If I remember quickly I went in around around 3pm. The pain was well controlled I was up walking laps by 6pm. Every hour I would get up till 2am and walk. Around 2am my pain was worse and I was a lil scared as I was throwing up ( small amount of blood in bile) so I requested something more as the doctor said I could request if pain wasn't under control. After a shot of morphine and something for nausea I had a good hour sleep and didn't have any pain since. Spent lots of time walking and chatting as I am very social. Had the drainage tube taken out on day two and headed to hotel. As my check in was delayed I went to Walmart and by the time I returned my room was ready. As I was patient and not cranky like many of the other people who were coming in she rewarded me for my patience with a room on the executive floor. (king bed great view). I spent lots of time walking and by the next day went shopping to Revolution. Other than the antibiotics I didn't use the pain or gas meds as they were not needed. Left next day at 6am a lil delay but no major problem at customs. I cannot stress enough walk walk walk. The people whom struggled more around me were walking very little. The others who were walking all seem to be feeling good. I was a little nervous about going alone but it wasn't that bad. Hope this helps.

As for Dr Garcia he was fine you don't spend much time with him anyways. The watched my diabetes closely as I was with low sugar levels. Dr Paola Velazco Gerardo is your post doctor and was great pre and post surgery. My emails are responded to quickly. As she has been sleeved herself I found her to be inspiring and she was able to answer questions and concerns. As I am Canadian I did make sure that if there is any complications that there would be no problems with OHIP.

Good luck on your surgery ladies. How much is the sleeve with Dr. Garcia ??

Good luck on your surgery ladies. How much is the sleeve with Dr. Garcia ??

$4400