Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 18th

Have been working toward this moment for a very long time. I have been fighting and educating everyone around me. The morning i got my date, this was like Christmas morning! I barely slept the night before because of pure excitement.

All of this and more, and yet i am so depressed. Yes i have chronic depression anyway, but this is different. This is a serious level of depression that i cant seem to get my self out of!

Why be depressed in the first place? I should be happy that i got my date! I even have a count down on my phone. I should be jumping for joy! Instead i am hiding away under my sheets. I don't even want to wear my fitbit! If i had access to ice cream this would deffinetly be one of those times that i would be eating it!

Ugghh!!!!

Whatever

I struggle with depression too and food has always been there for me. Now as an adult I can look back and see that I have been self medicating with food since I was a little girl. I recently went to a class about identifying and making a plan for when emotional triggers come that can send us into a downward spiral.. It was very informative - especially when I think about all of the food triggers. Bad day - chocolate, Stressed- try some KFC. Have to go to mom's, maybe a burrito on the way on and on and on. How scary to think of losing our bad time buddy. I think that identifying and making a plan for when you know you will need some kind of comfort, might be a good start in taking charge of your anxiety and worry about foods. And be sure to talk to a counselor or go to a support group. Mental Health America is doing some great peer run programs.

You can do this.

Getting the sleeve is so scary and exciting all at the same time. I understand how it could make you feel depressed. I hope that since it's been a few days that things have had a chance to sink in and you are feeling better about it.

I am in WA as well!

Once you get the date comes, it's "real" - I understand what you were feeling. I've been dealing with that plus a brand spankin' shiny new panic problem courtesy of the end of a 3 year foreclosure process.

We'll get through it, though!

I suffer from anxiety and depression also and its hard to explain sometimes. I was feeling almost surreal like I was in a dream. I wasnt super excited or super down it was just like this is finally gonna happen and my life will finally be forever changed....WOW.

Whoo! Made it through! Crazy Murcia leading up to it though! But I'm doing good. Worst part is the hiccups I get... Which I never really happened before surgury. I'm excited to actually put some food in my belly! Haven't done that in 48 hours or more.