Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all im just wondering, i know i should ask the doc but i would like to take a count as to how many people have actually had to have pre-op testing done (bloodwork, chest xray, etc..) im getting done on sept 15 2014 and they didnt even mention that i had to have any of the pre-op stuff done they didnt even have me get a physical from my doc ...weird huh.....are you haveing pre-op testing done ????

I had extensive blood work,ekg,ultra sound of my abdomen and now an echocardiogram because of something on the ekg. Good luck with your bypass . Hope all goes well for you. I should be getting mine in the beginning of Oct.

Physical, bloodwork, and EKG.

Hi Vedrana I'm have surgery same date like you and am all ready in shakes and soft food ..:) I'm going in Mexico for surgery and my three friends goo before and she lost for one year 120lbs ..so far am made some of test blood test and exams and seems evrything is ok :) am wish you luck ..Julianna

I've only had a referral to the Bariatric Centre so I've not yet met with a surgeon or anyone from his/her team, and my regular Dr already did major blood work and is sending me to a sleep study. Just an FYI. I hope everything goes well for you. Keep us updated.

My surgery is in Tijuana and is way cheaper there then here almost then times and my three friends is done there ..no am not meet nobody from surgeons time butte my Dr. Make everything and consulting whit me and say u coming back and we will take care about you :) .. I'm starting in Monday whit my liquid diet ...:) and I'm praying and believing to everything be alright .. Yes am scared butte who is not ...I'm must lose 200 lbs and am will ...:) he'd up and prayer in my heart smile on face going in new day :)

I met my surgeon in April 2014. I had blood work, sleep apnea test, six minute walk pulmonary test, pulmonary fitness test, chest X Ray, Ultrasound of stomach, ENG, and Stress test in June and July 2014. I have been seeing a nutritionist since July monthly. I think tests are necessary and vital before surgery. I am scheduled for November 4th. But I still have Psychological tests and nutritional goals to be ready by November 4th. I think you should ask your Doctor and consult others. This is your life, right?

You should be having some kind of testing, probably just not scheduled yet. I had blood work, EKG, Echocardiogram, Pulmonary Function, sleep Study and an Upper Endoscopy. If you don't have to have ANY pre-operative testing, I would ask. All surgeon's at least require a blood count to make sure you aren't anemic before surgery!!!

well today i started my 2 week liquid diet with 3 Protein shakes a day and as much plain salad as i want with fat free dressing omg no coffee unless decalf ggggggrrrrrrrrrr as far as the testing goes i did have alot done during the 6 months i was waiting for ins approval i guess i was worried nothing was getting done at the hospital the week before its probably all within the time restraints i guess i just worry to much well now im off to diet til the 15th at 6am wish me luck

well today i started my 2 week liquid diet with 3 Protein shakes a day and as much plain salad as i want with fat free dressing omg no coffee unless decalf ggggggrrrrrrrrrr as far as the testing goes i did have alot done during the 6 months i was waiting for ins approval i guess i was worried nothing was getting done at the hospital the week before its probably all within the time restraints i guess i just worry to much well now im off to diet til the 15th at 6am wish me luck

Good luck! Keep us posted on how everything goes.