Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the waiting stage now...

I am so excited and anxious I can't stand it! I had a chest x-ray yesterday, and that was the final piece my clinic needed before sending everything off for pre-cert with my insurance. I am hoping to have my surgery in September, so fingers crossed!

Anyone have any experience with CIGNA and what their personal turnaround time was? My clinic says it generally 2 weeks, but it would be awesome to know others' personal experiences.

Thanks!

No experience with Cigna but I am in the exact same place you are. Just submitted my last piece this morning to submit to insurance. I am also hoping for a Sept surgery, but based on anecdotal evidence about Aetna, it might be mid-October for me....

Fingers crossed for us both!

I've got my fingers crossed for you too! I've read over these past few months (yeah, I'm a lurker :) ) about people being in the waiting stages for approval from insurance, and it's a little surreal that I am finally in that process, too.

These next couple of weeks are going to kill me lol. I hope you have a quick response!

I am in the same boat with you. My doctor submitted my paper work on Tuesday. They told me it can take up to 15 days to make a decision. So far the only news that I got is that it is pending. So hopefully I will know by next week. Good luck to you all????

Thank you, Cherie!

Good luck to you as well! :)

My paperwork was submitted to my insurance company on Wednesday. I have been trying to stay busy to keep my mind off it. My house has never been so clean and organized! :-)) I was told 2-6 weeks, but I see on these threads (I'm a real lurker, only 5 posts so far -ha!) that BCBS Federal took as little as five business days. I'm worried too, because my BMI was slightly below 40, and I have one co morbidity, (high blood pressure) so I'm trying to keep it together before I go totally bonkers. Just want an answer so I'll know how to proceed with the rest of my life. :-) Good luck to all who are waiting for approval!

Edited by OnePhatWhoDat

Good Luck! My case was submitted to Cigna on 8/18 and it was approved 3 days later. :)

Good Luck! My case was submitted to Cigna on 8/18 and it was approved 3 days later. :)

Really? Only 3 days?? I could only hope to be so lucky! Based on when I had my chest x-ray, I am guessing my pre-cert request got submitted Thursday-Friday. So maybe I will hear something by the end of the week....and it's approved! I would cry if they denied me. I'm trying not to think about it, but it's really all I can think about!

Good luck, OnePhat! I hope you don't have to wait too long for your approval!

Really? Only 3 days?? I could only hope to be so lucky! Based on when I had my chest x-ray, I am guessing my pre-cert request got submitted Thursday-Friday. So maybe I will hear something by the end of the week....and it's approved! I would cry if they denied me. I'm trying not to think about it, but it's really all I can think about!

I was shocked! They took a few days to notify my bariatric center, but my file was submitted to them on 8/18 and the approval letter I got in the mail was dated 8/21! My coordinator said Cigna usually answers in a week. Maybe my 40+ BMI helped me. I was actually worried because I only lost 10 lbs in the 90 day supervised diet, but I believe they just wanted to see ANY loss. Hope you hear good news soon...keep us posted!

Onephatwhodat me too. I'm 39.1 bmi with no co morbidities. I am super nervous too for the answer

UPDATE: I got the call today - APPROVED!! :D :D :D

I was so excited I couldn't concentrate on my work today lol. I couldn't believe the quick turnaround time, considering yesterday was a holiday. But it still felt like I was waiting for an eternity!!!

OMG, I still can't believe it! Sept. 16th is my date!!

That is great news! Excited for you!

Congratulations to you, K*L*L! Best wishes for a successful surgery, speedy recovery, and healthy weight loss!

Thanks, guys! I am still a little in shock! lol

So happy for all of you that are approved and scheduled! I have CIGNA and my paperwork was submitted last Tuesday August 26. Today I got a call that my PCP needed to write a more specific letter regarding bariatric referral and clearance for surgery. So if spoke with the office and hope they get the letter faxed tomorrow. I am so anxious!!