Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I might have to start paying rent...

In this forum because I am ALWAYS here!!! Yet another stupid stall... grrr... I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, and yet, once again, I'm stuck. Totally frustrating!!!

Patience is NOT one of my virtues ;)

Hey Miss Fabulous, you've lost 18 or more lbs recently, you should be very proud of yourself ! There's no rule that says you're going to lose weight EVERY week, so just let your body adjust, and figure out that its not being starved and it will let go of the weight . In the meantime just be happy that you're getting healthier ! Congratulations !!!

So how long are these "Stalls"?

I had the surgery 2 days before you and get the stall every week since week 4 but the scale is still moving down of course slower than the first month.

I got discouraged at first, but then when the stall started to be the regular lol I just started to appreciate the NSVs, I went to all clothes in the closet, some were totally tight pre-op and now it's loosing. Got a new haircut, try some new makeup and bought accessories. I don't want to but new clothes now, still enjoy the loosing gap between my body and the clothes size 14-16 and even some model in size 12 . I think I might be able to fit into size 12 now but I'm not ready to try the new clothes just yet, I'm still high on this NVS lol.

Also please check if you have enough calories intake, the stall always visits when I do over exercises because I cannot really eat more for the portion and I'm too scared of carbs and high callories food. I started to tone up the body with basic yoga & light weight lifting when I cannot go for a walk.

Seem like I didn't lose many inches neither at least in the passt 2 weeks but my clothes are more loosing. I guess it just shrinked down into shape.

It's amazing how our body works!

Hi stalls will continue to happen just continue eating correctly , drinking Water and exercising, as long as your doing that the weight will come off. I know its hard not to jump on the scale everyday , but try focusing on your continues health and feeling good with the progress that you have made. Remember you did not gain the weight overnight and you will not loose it overnight. Focus on your Protein as well and make sure that you are getting in all of your protein. Good luck my friend and congrats on your choice to be healthy.

I'm 9 months out - I'll share my perspective with you...I complained about stalls to my doctor. She said if you chart your weight loss, it will look more like a stair step rather than a linear downward line. That's exactly what mine looks like.

Early on, I would stall for 10-14 days, then drop 3 pounds overnight. Then steadily drop for a couple of weeks, then stall again.

I haven't lost anything for the past 8 weeks - yes, 8 weeks. That's a long time, but, I just keep planning and following the plan. I know the scale will move again. The scale doesn't rule my life any longer...many wise people on this forum cautioned me to not weigh every day. My husband hid the scale and brought it out once per week. It helps.

I have realized now, that this process, this journey is about so much more than that number on the scale.

If it's not at least 2 weeks long, I dont even considered it a stall. In fact, I wouldn't even know about it because I only weigh once /week. By that criteria, I've only had one stall...gained 3 pounds and stayed there for a month. No big deal...it happens. You might try staying off the scale and start enjoying your new life. Concentrate on eating healthy and establishing good habits rather than the numbers.

Even though pre-surgery I told myself that I would likely be a slow loser, after reading about others' successes, I became impatient. If they can lose 20 lbs. in a month, why not me? Now after three months, when these thoughts arise, I tell myself, "slow your roll!" Everyone is different and we are not machines. If you stay on track, you will lose. Maybe not as fast, you'd like, but you will lose.

Thanks everyone! Logically I know I need to chill, but I am so freakin' impatient!!! Arrggg!!! I do need to focus on the NSV, like when my husband tells me I'm wasting away ;) I just really really want to make sure that I'm not done losing yet... that is my biggest fear and why I'm chained to the scale. Every time the number doesn't move or it goes up, I freak out a little. I will just keep on keeping on.

You are less than 2 months out and not even close to done losing yet. It will take months, even a year or two. That's a long time to freak out each time you step on the scale. So tell your hubby to hide the scale and enjoy his attention instead! Keep a log of NSV's instead...way more fun and rewarding than numbers.

I will add...take your measurements and take selfies. Those will be a better gauges than the scale.

I will add...take your measurements and take selfies. Those will be a better gauges than the scale.

My sister accompanied me to TJ for surgery and she insisted that I take and send her pictures as I lost weight (we live in different states ). So glad she did...Those pictures are the best documentation I've got...much more impact and motivational than the scale.< /p>

Measurements are a must. Also but a pair of pants a couple of sizes smaller at a thrift store and try them on every two weeks. I also do a video log, it helps me remember what I was feeling and learning. Watching some of my earlier videos are a great motivation. Keep your eye on the long term goal. A stall will seem like a blip when you look back 5 years from now.

My surgeon told me that weight loss is like a staircase: you will have lots of flat plateaus and sudden drops. Don't expect it to be a straight line to goal. If you are doing what you should by your nutritionist and surgeon's orders, your body will get there when it gets there, and no amount of stressing out will make it go faster.

At two months, I also thought I was a slow loser. Now I'm 9 months out and down 141 pounds. It adds up very quickly!

LumpySpacePrincess, wow!! That is amazing!! Any tips or tricks to get to that kind of a loss? What are you doing that helped??