Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for the ladies

How does your menstrual cycle effect your eating? It's a week before mine, and I'm just starving. I am craving carbs like crazy, and all I want to do is eat. This is going to mess me up! How do you girls deal with it?

I turn into an eating machine when I have my cycle. Usually only last a couple of days. My weight loss will slow down for a bit but then it picks back up when all is said and done.

How does your menstrual cycle effect your eating? It's a week before mine, and I'm just starving. I am craving carbs like crazy, and all I want to do is eat. This is going to mess me up! How do you girls deal with it?

My menstrual cycle had been awful. Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't cause of my Iron levels being low. I also need to take iron regularly and that's another issue. I don't have crazy cravings like I used to have when I get my period plus my body doesn't crave carbs either. I just eat what I normally eat which is Proteins. My appetite does go up though for sure compared to non period days. So I just eat more proteins and don't touch the carbs. Best advice is to eat more proteins so you can stay full longer and not crave the carbs. Also what kind of carbs do you crave or even have in your diet? I don't eat bread, Pasta, rice, or sweets. I have had like a few small potatoes since my surgery 4 months back and they don't work well with me. Even with fruits I have small amounts like blueberries or cherries and sometimes bananas with my shake.

My menstrual cycle had been awful. Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't cause of my Iron levels being low. I also need to take iron regularly and that's another issue. I don't have crazy cravings like I used to have when I get my period plus my body doesn't crave carbs either. I just eat what I normally eat which is Proteins. My appetite does go up though for sure compared to non period days. So I just eat more proteins and don't touch the carbs. Best advice is to eat more proteins so you can stay full longer and not crave the carbs. Also what kind of carbs do you crave or even have in your diet? I don't eat bread, Pasta, rice, or sweets. I have had like a few small potatoes since my surgery 4 months back and they don't work well with me. Even with fruits I have small amounts like blueberries or cherries and sometimes bananas with my shake.< /p>

I crave things like pretzels and popcorn. I have had both, and they don't bother my stomach. I have them maybe once in awhile, but just before my period I want them so bad. Maybe I will try eating more proteins and see if that helps me curb my appetite.

I crave things like pretzels and popcorn. I have had both, and they don't bother my stomach. I have them maybe once in awhile, but just before my period I want them so bad. Maybe I will try eating more Proteins and see if that helps me curb my appetite.

It's ok to have it time to time but all in moderation. But try to eat proteins to fill yourself so you don't go for the bad carbs when you have cravings. Hope this helps.'btw are you on mfp?

I crave things like pretzels and popcorn. I have had both, and they don't bother my stomach. I have them maybe once in awhile, but just before my period I want them so bad. Maybe I will try eating more Proteins and see if that helps me curb my appetite.

It's ok to have it time to time but all in moderation. But try to eat Proteins to fill yourself so you don't go for the bad carbs when you have cravings. Hope this helps.'btw are you on mfp?

Yes I am! I'm Lilchickpea.

Yes I am! I'm Lilchickpea.

Just saw that you are one of my friends. Btw you look fab! Keep up the good work ;)

Just saw that you are one of my friends. Btw you look fab! Keep up the good work ;)

Thanks!!