Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to eat and I am afraid.

I've been out of the hospital for four days now and I am able to eat mushy/soft foods. I am trying tunafish and it is just making my stomach feel weird.

I did well with a cheese stick earlier today.

The tunafish and even when I am taking my medicine feels like a ton of bricks have dropped into my stomach.

Does anyone else have this? I hate to be afraid to eat and right now everything tastes pretty awful and I am not getting in the fluids or Protein I am supposed to....

I'm not sure about that. I am going by the info the nutritionist gave me but I feel like I am going to stay with the cottage cheese, applesauce, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, and sf pudding and Jello.

My NUT tells me to get my Protein first and foremost then foods. I try to mix it up with scrambled eggs, moist chicken, fish, etc. I also dabble with mashed potatoes, grits, and applesauce. I eat so slow (because I despise vomiting) my stuff ends up getting cold. Lol

Since getting out of the hospital that second time around, nothing tastes right. Not Water, not the flavors I put in the Water, not my Protein drinks...nothing.

Do you have a white tongue and/or some discomfort swallowing? It could be Thrush - I had surgery on 7/21 and have done great overall, but this has cropped up. I just got a pill for that yesterday. I had a hard time getting anything down since nothing tasted right - even plain Water. Turns out it was a nasty little yeast infection in my mouth. I took one pill and the fuzzy tongue feeling is better, but the follow up pill 3 days later will knock it all out. Be sure you throw out your toothbrush after a day or two after your first pill so you don't reinfect yourself.

Good luck!

Edited by justmel2003

I got thrush as well and I brushed my tongue with peroxide twice a day and it went away. That stuff was gross!

Me too, thrush is nasty! I have had it 3 weels. Two different meds. Now a Dr told me this morning to brush my tongue and gargle with salt Water. I just want it gone! But really the only bothersome thing abt the whole procedure, so I should not complain.

I've been out of the hospital for four days now and I am able to eat mushy/soft foods. I am trying tunafish and it is just making my stomach feel weird.

I did well with a cheese stick earlier today.

The tunafish and even when I am taking my medicine feels like a ton of bricks have dropped into my stomach.

Does anyone else have this? I hate to be afraid to eat and right now everything tastes pretty awful and I am not getting in the fluids or Protein I am supposed to....

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am pretty sure that most of us were on liquid diets four days out. Surgeons are different though. Me personally I would be on a liquid diet, eating food even if it is soft can rupture a staple line and start a whole mess of problems. I wasn't allowed soft food until after two weeks out. I can't eat tuna no matter how well I chew. It gets stuck and hurts like you would not believe. I can't stomach eggs anymore either, I loved them before surgery. Anyway, good luck with your recovery.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am pretty sure that most of us were on liquid diets four days out. Surgeons are different though. Me personally I would be on a liquid diet, eating food even if it is soft can rupture a staple line and start a whole mess of problems. I wasn't allowed soft food until after two weeks out. I can't eat tuna no matter how well I chew. It gets stuck and hurts like you would not believe. I can't stomach eggs anymore either, I loved them before surgery. Anyway, good luck with your recovery.

If you notice my ticker, my surgery was much longer than four days ago. I had to go back into the hospital about a week out. Right now I am at 2 1/2 weeks post op.

If you notice my ticker, my surgery was much longer than four days ago. I had to go back into the hospital about a week out. Right now I am at 2 1/2 weeks post op.

I apologize, I am using the app on the phone I can't see your ticker.