Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date - 9/3/14

Well, I've made the decision and I have the surgery scheduled for 9/3/14. I am of equal excitement and nervousness. I am a female, age 39 (turning 40 on September 20th) and I am so ready to be done with being fat. I have struggled with my weight since I was 16 and I am officially done. I'm done being hungry all the time and done having clothes look like crap on me and not fitting, but most importantly, I'm done avoiding taking photos with my family. There hasn't been a photo of me in the past 5 years and when my youngest son cried when we were in Europe in May this year because I initially refused to take a photo with him, I knew it was time to do something serious.

So here I am. I am a cash pay Lap-Band patient with surgery scheduled. I have loved the stories that I have read on here and been inspired by some many of you. I would love to hook up with people on here who are close to my surgery date or who have had success and want to share it with me.

Best of luck to all of you!

Take some photos now, so you can post a before/after pic on your 1 yr anniversary.

Hey Jen! I am a newbie to and my surgery date is 8/14 about 2 weeks prior to yours but I would love to find a few people to that are experiencing this and make the journey together. I live in Texas and just joined this site and I am very excited and nervous too! I am on my pre-op right now and am looking forward to not feeling hungry!! Lets take this ride togther! I am surprised that there are so many people out here that have or will be doing this type of surgery. I didn't want to but I went ahead and took a couple pics of myself the other day at work. I am like you and hate them too!! I had a good feeling here that no one is here to judge me but to encourage me so I posted them. The way I see it... I can only start to look better and I can't wait to post after pictures!!

Looking forward to getting to know you and many more!

Kelly

Hi Newlifejen et al! My banding is also scheduled for Sept 3. Flying from BC to Toronto to have it done (out of my poor pockets) because I am too heavy to have it done locally - BC Medical Assoc restrictions. I turn 41 on the 1st of September. I see myself in so many comments on these boards. I stopped pictures a year ago, I used to be cute even very heavy and now I can't lie to myself anymore. This body has reached it's breaking point and I'm not enjoying life even though I have do much to be grateful for.

Hopefully we can share our experiences as we go through the procedure! All the best to you!

Joyce

Hi Newlifejen et al! My banding is also scheduled for Sept 3. Flying from BC to Toronto to have it done (out of my poor pockets) because I am too heavy to have it done locally - BC Medical Assoc restrictions. I turn 41 on the 1st of September. I see myself in so many comments on these boards. I stopped pictures a year ago, I used to be cute even very heavy and now I can't lie to myself anymore. This body has reached it's breaking point and I'm not enjoying life even though I have do much to be grateful for.

Hopefully we can share our experiences as we go through the procedure! All the best to you!

Joyce

Good luck to you, Joycey. I'm looking forward to building a relationship on here!

Hey Jen! I am a newbie to and my surgery date is 8/14 about 2 weeks prior to yours but I would love to find a few people to that are experiencing this and make the journey together. I live in Texas and just joined this site and I am very excited and nervous too! I am on my pre-op right now and am looking forward to not feeling hungry!! Lets take this ride togther! I am surprised that there are so many people out here that have or will be doing this type of surgery. I didn't want to but I went ahead and took a couple pics of myself the other day at work. I am like you and hate them too!! I had a good feeling here that no one is here to judge me but to encourage me so I posted them. The way I see it... I can only start to look better and I can't wait to post after pictures!!

Looking forward to getting to know you and many more!

Kelly

Hey Kelly - good luck to you. How is the 14 day liquid going? I'm trying to cut down my food intake starting today. It's so hard!

14 day diet sucked but I made it through got banded about 9 hours ago and I'm feeling pretty good with the exception of a little bit of pain looking forward to this thing being gone so I can get started

I start my 10 day pre-op diet on Sunday. Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I'm almost to the point where I'm so sick of "I'm eating this (insert bad food) for the last time" phase that I am ready for the pre-op diet. I've gained 10 pounds since I scheduled my surgery! So pathetic!

Anyway, for whatever reason I am worried about my pre surgery appointment with my primary care. I don't know why, but I'm scared that they will find something that will delay my surgery. I hope not - so I'm trying to focus my mind that it is going to happen on the 3rd.

Anyway, to all those out there jumping on the pre-op diet I wish you well!

Due to my size, I do the shakes 3 weeks pre-op and one week post-op, have to say that I am doing better than I expected. The shakes are really good and I don't get hungry. They want me to have 250 cals from veggies (low gi ones) and lots of Water. Today was day 10, down just over 8lbs. You will find your strength because you want this procedure so much to help make you healthy and happy. I am on this train and it's full speed ahead! Come on Sept 3!

Congradulations to the September Lap Banders! I too and schedule for September 18th for my lap band. I'm a young 61 year old but way overweight. It's been a struggle to for me most of my adult like. I'm trying to imagine how cool it really be when you can fit into your cloths and to be able to tie your shoes! I've enjoyed these boards a lot. And plan on hanging around for awhile.

Good luck to all of you. Thank you,

Roger Lochridge

I have my final appt on Tuesday August 26, then just waiting on insurance approval. Hopefully it will go through quickly!!

Well, I am ready. I am actually looking forward to this pre-op diet. I went to the store this am to get everything I need and my broth Soups are cooking as I type. (I'm really writing this for me so that in 2 days when I want to shoot myself because I am so hungry, I can look back and try to remember this excitement!). Anyway, love hearing how the late August, early September lap- banders are doing! Keep us updated!

Congradulations to the September Lap Banders! I too and schedule for September 18th for my lap band. I'm a young 61 year old but way overweight. It's been a struggle to for me most of my adult like. I'm trying to imagine how cool it really be when you can fit into your cloths and to be able to tie your shoes! I've enjoyed these boards a lot. And plan on hanging around for awhile.

Good luck to all of you. Thank you,

Roger Lochridge

Yay! Good for YOU! I share in your excitement and can't wait to get healthy! Best of luck to you. Keep us posted on your progress and after your date! We'd all love to hear!

Joyce

When do you start your pre-op diet? Do you have one?

Have completed 2 weeks of the shakes, veggies and Water. Down 11 and am feeling great. These boards have given me lots of info on what to hand on hand during and after surgery. Not looking forward to having to fly home 2 days after but will follow all the surgeon's advice. I watched the procedure on Youtube so I know what is going to happen. I'm sure everyone else fears (like me) being out under and not coming out of it alive. Lol

I have done lots of roasting for getting the veggies in: kale "chips", broccoli and cauliflower chunks that I bake and then dip in salsa. Nummy! I do however, think I've had my fill of squash and zucchini now.

Good luck, we can do this!