Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight fill but making it work, lost 25 pounds

I was banded May 15, 2014 for the second time. Things are coming into place very well for me right now. I started out at 187 and am now down 26 pounds. I know this does not seem like a lot of weight compared to all these posts I read here of enormous weight loss's. I am staying positive despite my weight loss is low compared to so many of you out there. But I am determined to get all this weight off with lots of hard work. The band can't lose the weight for me. I have to follow the rules of eating my Proteins first and then a little extra of salad or bread. It is still working even though I have only lost 26 pounds. I still have so much more weight to lose. But I am very proud of my 26 pound weight loss so far. I have been walking but not every day. The heat and humidity here make it hard to get outside and walk. I will continue to walk but am building up to more time as I walk. I walked an hour and a half a few days ago and got terrible blisters. So I had to stop walking for a few days still the blisters healed. Today I ate 10 grapes for Breakfast, 6 ounces of chicken and a bagel before bed. Yes I can still eat bread. I am really trying to decide whether I need another small fill. Any good advice out there???? My last fill was way too ight so I had to go gert a slight infill to calm things drown. Now my band it tight and a few food items are coming up especially when I drink Water with my meals. I am trying really hard to keep the weight going down. I am determined to get the best out of this band and I won't quit my gill asppoinments until I find that green zone. I know it is near. I am thinking I need a very small fill on August the 4th because I still eat oatmeal, pizza, and bread. Those are things I know I should not be eating.What do you all think?? Shlould I go in for a slight fill. A very small fill????? Or just I just be happy with where I am since I have lost 26 pounds since May 15th. Would love to hear your comments, criticisms and advice!!!

post-223298-0-58485100-1406177498_thumb.jpg

Hi there just a little confused. At first you said you were a little tight and things were coming up. Next you said you could eat pizza and other foods well and are wondering if you should get a small fill. Please clarify. Thanks and congratulations on losing the 26 lbs.

Edited by Lady VS

Hey. I am sorry to confuse you. Sometimes I write without thinking to much. I guess it feels good to share with free flowing thoughts. Yes I was really tight in the beginning but then as things settled down I seemed to get looser. Right now I am fine. Finding out that my band is fickle and the amount of tightness seems to change. Thanks for responding.

You drink when you eat? My doctor said no drinking 30min before or after I eat! It hurts to eat and drink for me. I had my surgery April 11th 2014. I had my port flip and just last month had it flipped back. It's very hard to tell on fills. I think I need another one as well! Congrats on your weight loss! I always tell myself everyone is different you lose weight different then everyone else. I'm down 40lbs sense my surgery and like you I'm very proud of it! Don't worry your doing great!

Hi congratulations on your weight loss. Do you have a shopping mall near by you can walk through? It is so hot here in AZ, I do not even attempt to walk outside. The mall I live near by opens at 7am for walkers. It works out great. There are no shoppers only walkers. I love it. Once I go back to work though I will have to start going in the evening or join a gym. I'm not sure about fills, but I measure my food. I do get hungry. But until I get to the so called "green zone" I'm on a diet and counting calories. But I'm sticking to it. Did you find the green zone the first time you were banded? Thanks.

First, you look great , when I first read your story I bagel, pizza , you know better. That is the stuff that got us there. Also a bagel before bed or at night ? You don't need it.. Well as far as exercise , malls are great most have a track around inside and will tell you how far it is.also maybe a gym is a good plCe to start.. It's easy for my bad knees to do bike then treadmills. Looking at your photo you look great now feel like you look. Pretty and damn sexy.