Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had 2 fills and I'm only up to 3cc. Yesterday I just couldn't eat anything! Is it normal for some days to feel really tight? Does my band have a mind of its own??

My last fill was 2 weeks ago.

I go in for a fill on thursday...... I have a 10cc band and have 8cc in it. Most of my weight lost was during the pre and post op liquid diet. I know I have lost inches because I am actually down 2 sizes in clothes which does feel good but I guess I get a little discouraged when I weigh and the weight is not coming off as much. I knew it was going to be slow though. I had a friend that it took 1 1/2 years to loose 179 lbs and she said the most was towards the end. I am close to the perfect fill but still think I need a touch more cause I can eat more than 1/2 to 3/4 cups of food in the afternoons and night. My bad is tighter in the morning and usually cannot eat so I drink a Protein shake. My band does get tighter at different times especially around that time of the month for me. That is why I am not sure whether to get a fill or not. Will see what the dr says though. JamieGirl your bad will feel tighter at times or atleast mine does anyway. Hope this helps.

My band was tight following fills. If I ate too fast and aggravated my band it'd get tight. It was tighter in the mornings or if I drank iced drinks. Exercise made my band tighter at times especially core work. Can't comment on totm as I don't have periods. But if you can't eat in the mornings I'd be cautious because I could eat pretty big still at night evenings so had a small fill. Which caused me to be too tight and after a few weeks of sliming and vomiting I had to have quite a big infill to allow the swelling being sick had caused to settle. I was at 11.5 in a 14 band. I'm at 10 now and really hungry again but that's better than being sick. I was due another refill but I'm having skin removal surgery in a few weeks so there's no point. Good luck let us know how your getting on .

The only other time it felt tight was my first fill when they placed 3cc and I had to go back and have 1 cc taken out. I went back 3 weeks later and they put the 1 cc back in. I have not had any tightness up until yesterday when I tried to eat and it just came right back up. But honestly I wasn't even hungry I just had not eaten all day and figured I needed to get something in me

Yes, it is normal for your band to feel really tight and yes, it does have a mind of it's own. You have to learn to listen to what it's telling you everyday. However, if you can't keep liquids and solid food down, then you maybe too tight and need a small unfill. Best wishes.

Edited by Lady VS

My band is tighter today, all on its own, lol! Have a lot going on lately and busy day ahead, so I can feel the difference. I haven't had a fill in a year or over, and it's the reason I keep my band fairly loose on a regular basis. When a family member died, my stress alone tightened me right into no appetite at all --for about a week. If I was already at that point, before the stress, it concerns me that I would have needed an unfill at that point. After about a week I was just normal again (for me). But yes, stress, weather, dehydration, and emotions can all make my band fluctuate. If I'm angry or really sad, I can rally feel it, lol.

Btw. I can always eat solids and get liquids down, just clarifying.