Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to sleeve revision and pain

I had band to sleeve surgery July 11th. I know I'm only 6 days out but I still have to have help getting up and down due to great pain on my left side. Anyone else experience this?

You are not alone! I even saw you other post about hysterectomy! We are twins....same day and situation! It's still very painful for me to move around! I feel my belly button about to rip open and right below my breast line painfully hurts....but I can say each day is better and better.

I went for my check up Tuesday and I was approved to soak in Epson Salt for 20 and use heating pad and it has been heaven! I can honestly say it hurts to sit straight up so I roll and it hurts to walk without holding my stomach, so I hold it....But...IT HAS GOTTEN BETTER, TODAY IS ACTUALLY A GOOD DAY,

Yes. My pain was more on the right side because the incission was bigger where the port use to be, I guess. I was in total agony for 5 days, but it got better after the first week. I had liquid painkiller. Very strong but tasted horrible. It kept me knocked out for those first 5 days. This is a walk in the park for some people. It was not like that for me and it seems to be tough on you too. Be carefull and let it heal. Everything is great now. I am glad that I did this.

Surgery revision lapband to gastric bypass on July 16. I'm experiencing the same pain on left side. It also hurts when I urniate, try to sit up and even lift my legs. Anybody have any advice

I had my revision on 6/18 and had the pain on both sides. Left was a little more painful as my port was embedded so took my dr a bit of work to get it out. Overall the pain slowly got better each day and by the time I was 3-4 weeks out I was feeling good. Everyone is different in healing so hopefully you guys bounce back quicker.

How r u feeling now

I had my revision may 30 2014

I feel great pain wise .

I feel the food gets stuck where the band was around .

I have a lot of stomach acid that mimics hunger .

I sometimes will feel a pain where the port was and it some times feels like it's still there the port that is or something is rock hard some times .

Well I got the answer to my pain in my side...turns out I had multiple blood clots in both lungs. I was put back in the hospital for 4 days and will be on blood thinners for at least 6 months. Definitely not a fun experience at all.

I wish you a speedy recovery .

Well I got the answer to my pain in my side...turns out I had multiple blood clots in both lungs. I was put back in the hospital for 4 days and will be on blood thinners for at least 6 months. Definitely not a fun experience at all.

oh wow wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hi all...I to had the band removed in 2013 by Dr. Uchal here in Jacksonville, Fl. I was in pain for a short time after especially where the port was. However, with time the pain and numbness subsided.

For the past year now I have been debating to get the sleeve operation.

Last July Dr. Uchal, Jody (Bariatric Nutricionist) and I met to discuss the option. I was asked to lose at least 25 lbs before he would consider it. I went back in Sept with my goal being met. However, with all the emotional strains I was going through at that time, Dr. said "No" to performing the surgery because he knew my mind set and my emotions weren't ready for me to fully succeed. I was not happy with the feedback and was angry for a little bit. Deep In my heart and mind I knew he was right...After that day, I decided to put aside the surgery mindset and some family matters to concentrate on Myself. It was all too much stress for me. I knew I had to FOCUS...

Well,Yesterday I met with Dr. Uchal and Jody here in Jacksonville once again. I lost 50 lbs since last July!!! and you know what? I just took control and really just made it about me while still being there for my family just in smaller doses. Kind of like my food consumption and food choices. It took quite a bit of adjusting. Please don't get me wrong... I love my family to infinity and they too had to adjust to me not being so overly involved. I had to accept many things and accept that there will always be challenges and happenings beyond my control. The only person I have control over is me...I can still love and be supportive to them within My Boundaries and be there in emergencies.

So, that being said, the Dr. and Jody agreed that I was Truly mentally ready to move forward in order to succeed with the sleeve surgery. Now I just need to be approved through my insurance while still deciding if I should proceed with the surgery. While thinking to myself "I think am strong enough and have the Will Power to do this on my own BUT..."

I have struggled all my life with being Obese since the age of 7.

So, Do I or do I not proceed with the surgery? The band put me in a whirl spin of years of pain and frustration.

So, anyone who is Sleeved post-op, could you please tell my your struggles, pain levels, ups & downs, hair loss, deficiencies, food tolerance, depression if any?

Thanks for reading & All the best to US!!... ;)