Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who traveled to Mexico for plastics, did you buy your airfare round trip or do one way till you knew later on exactly how long you'd need to stay there?

Dr Sauceda tells you the dates to book and he was spot on. I booked round trip and everybody does that. In the Sauceda Facebook group I have never heard of someone needing to change flight plans.

Dr Sauceda tells you the dates to book and he was spot on. I booked round trip and everybody does that. In the Sauceda Facebook group I have never heard of someone needing to change flight plans.

Ok great thanks! I'm heavily leaning towards Sauceda :)

May I ask what kind of charges are involved with having it in Mexico...my insurance may cover my tummy, but I'd like to get arms, etc done as well....some day

<p><span style="color:#800080;">May I ask what kind of charges are involved with having it in Mexico...my insurance may cover my tummy, but I'd like to get arms, etc done as well....some day</span></p>

I'm looking at getting a lower body lift, breast lift w/ augmentation, and arm lift and I'm getting quotes for around $13,000 for it all. That includes compression garments, anesthesia, all fees and with some drs that includes the hotel. Basically all left I'd have to pay is for food, airfare (which one dr will refund up to $600 of), possibly hotel, and tipping. Not bad considering I was looking for the same surgeries here in the states and was quoted $23,000 and they'd only keep me overnight 1 night.

Insurance will not cover a surgery if you go to Mexico for it. My insurance says they pay for "medically necessary cosmetic procedures" but it's impossible to jump through all their hoops to qualify...

I am about 7 weeks out from having a lower body lift and a medial thigh lift in Tijuana Mexico. I flew to San Diego and was picked up at the airport and then a week later I was taken back for my flight home. I went to Dr. Victor Gutierrez. who not only is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon but he also has a specialty in Micro-Surgery so his incisions and sewing are the best I have seen anywhere. I spent a whole year going to 10 consults with surgeons in Beverly Hills and LA even talking to a well known surgeon deep in Mexico. But was not happy with the results or the prices. Results of course were the main thing, but a couple that I really liked as in the case of the BH, PS were $40,000 so that knocked that one right out the window. Then I saw some of Dr. Gutierrez's patients reviews on another site and checked out his clinic. I found out he was trained in Israel where the standards are some of the highest in the world and also that he is a micro-surgeon so I started reaching out to his previous patients and really liked what I heard, so I took a leap of faith and went with him and I am so pleased. The year before I went to another TJ clinic, it was a big fancy clinic with white marble and glass, and it turns out 2 of the three procedures that were done need to be revised so I was a little gun shy of going back to TJ, but now I am so happy I did. Dr Gutierrez will also be doing the revisions that I need in the future...

As far as air travel went. Even though I only live 5 1/2 hours away. I decided to fly. My surgeon picked me up from the airport. Incredible I know when it would be so much easier just to send a driver, but he likes to meet his patients and get to know them on the 30 min drive from the airport down to the clinic. It was great, he put me to ease that's for sure. Dropped me off at the hotel where I checked in for the night and his patient coordinator Elsa picked me up and took me to the clinic where I had my surgery labs done, then we went to a really nice fish restaurant where the doctor later joined us for a late lunch. Then back to the hotel for a little rest and then the Hotel van took me back to the clinic for my mark up, which takes at least 2 hours. This surgeon is very detailed in all he does...

Then a week later,(yes just a week, because all of my stiches were internal 4 to 5 layers of them, with just tape on the outside) when it was time to fly back, a driver took me to the airport where they had a wheel chair waiting and took care of my carryon bag for me, so it was very easy...

Then at 6 weeks I went down again (for a little follow up, which is not necessary but since I am close) with 2 friends who are having my surgeon do their surgeries too, this time we drove to the border and took a 5 min taxi ride, it was very easy also...

I feel it's very do able from any location with the international airport of San Diego right there....

Edited by AZDee