Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic surgery in mexico?

Looking to hear about good results and experiences to lower body lift in Mexico!

I was just banded there and will be going back if I need any type of lifts (which of course I would). I would recommend it just like you would choose a local doctor.

There are many to choose from so be sure to spend time checking out results from alot of people not just cherry picked photos on a website. I went to Dr Sauceda and am very pleased with the results and the care. If you search this forum by his name you will find many discussions. Also obesity help has a subforum devoted to his patients that has tons of info and lots of photos.

I went to Dr Sauceda also. I am so pleased with my results and they say things are not the end result until 6-12 months. Research all over to get the one you are comfortable with. I will be seeing Dr Sauceda again. I want some neck work done and maybe eyes.

I went to Dr Victor Gutierrez in Tijuana and I am very happy with my new me:)

You look awesome! May I ask what you had done? I am looking at Mexico for my surgery as well.

Thank you!

Thank you! I had a breast augmentation, LBL with butt lift, medial thigh lift and TT and belly button scar revision.

I don't live anywhere near TJ but I would do it. How long would I have to stay there before I could fly home?

I usually stay 7 days or more when I go to Tijuana, Mexico for recovery and relaxation. However, the amount of time you stay depends on the surgical procedure. I know my plastic surgeon can be flexible as to how many days you stay. However, in my option, the longer you can stay the better, because if any problems should arise, you are near your own doctor and can receive treatment.

What was the cost ?

Most of the time the cost of plastic surgery in Tijuana, Mexico is going to be very reasonable and competitive, because many plastic surgeons charge about the same give or take 1- 4 thousand dollars. (I could be wrong, but that is just from my own personal research when I was shopping around depending on the procedure and any medical problems).

After I found this information out, cost was not such a big deal. I focused on finding the Best plastic surgeon in the Tijuana, because my results were more important than saving a few thousand dollars.

My advice is to search for the best plastic surgeon with the best consistent results.

It was my experience that Mexican surgeons are about 1/3 the cost of USA surgeons - and that includes the travel, the extended after care, garments etc. The USA surgeons that I consulted with sent you home same day and you were on your own as far as nursing care or whatever. In Mexico, I had 3 days in a clinic and another 8 in a hotel with daily visits by a nurse (she helped with shower, garment, bandages) and daily visit by surgeon. Excellent pain and recovery management so i felt way more for my money so to speak. I agree with Sweet Pee, pick one you feel confident in, the money is so much less than the USA and isn't that different between the various Mexican options so go with the results and so forth that you like and admire.

I don't live anywhere near TJ but I would do it. How long would I have to stay there before I could fly home?

I usually stay 7 days or more when I go to Tijuana, Mexico for recovery and relaxation. However, the amount of time you stay depends on the surgical procedure. I know my plastic surgeon can be flexible as to how many days you stay. However, in my option, the longer you can stay the better, because if any problems should arise, you are near your own doctor and can receive treatment.
In the hospital or a hotel? I'm trying to imagine how I would get to my flights and carry luggage and all of that.

For my lower body lift, butt lift and breast lift, I stayed 7 days in recovery with. 24 nursing care, but for my thigh and arm lift, I spent one night in recovery and 13 days at the hotel. I felt I wanted extra recovery time, before I went home, therefore stayed longer. I wanted to avoid using my arms or my legs, but I could take care of my self, plus the doctor and his assistant came to visit me daily. The full service hotel had room service, so I was very well fed and taken care of. I stayed so long, everyone was sad to see me go, plus I made so many new friends.

Everyone there is so generous and helpful. You will not have to worry about your luggage. IT will be carried for you. The airport shuttle service, which the doctor arranges, will be there to pick you up and take you back to the airport. You never have to carry your luggage, even when you get to the airport. Tell them you need a wheelchair, and they will carry and do everything for you until you reach your destination city.

Edited by Sweet Pee