Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any suggested surgeons for BA/LIFT in Mexico?

Im looking into getting implants and a lift after goal and wanted to know who might be recomended in Mexico and price also. Thanks!!

Check out CowgirlJane. She had a lot of work done by Dr. Saucedo.

I am 6 months out from my plastics and very pleased with results. It is time to get some updated photos, but if you read through this thread you will hear much of my story. Skim the pages because there are alot of questions answered and links provided during the discussion. Good luck!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/285839-two-weeks-from-plastics-progress-so-far/

I think I have another big thread somewhere too - probably a couple of months post op.

There are other Mexican surgeons that people have great results with too - my advice is to be sure you see lots and lots of before and afters and talk to a few real patients. One thing I liked about Dr Sauceda is that there is a patient run group where people talk and share photos so you can see years worth of people's experiences. He takes on some really challenging cases and the transformations can be incredible.

Google Sauceda obesity help to find it.

I had all my plastics with Dr. Victor Gutierrez in Tijuana. I had a LBL, butt lift using the fat flap, breast augmentation, medial thigh lift and TT and belly button scar revision. I am very happy with my results.

I had all my plastics with Dr. Victor Gutierrez in Tijuana. I had a LBL, butt lift using the fat flap, breast augmentation, medial thigh lift and TT and belly button scar revision. I am very happy with my results.

I had my plastic surgery with Dr Victor Gutierrez as well. I would highly recommend using him if you want a extremely caring doctor who has consistent magnificent surgical results.

I am going back and forth between Dr. Gutierrez and Dr. Sauceda. Did any of you go alone and stay in the hotel or at the recovery house? Also how long did you stay?

When I went to Tijuana to have surgery with Dr Victor Gutierrez, I stayed in recovery for 7 days when I had my lower body lift, breast lift, and butt lift with 24 hours nursing care. I was taken care of beautifully. Dr Gutierriez is unbelievable when it come to his bedside manner, and he is a nice man. I traveled alone but was taken care of every step of the way. Last month when I went, I only stayed in recovery 1 day for my arm lift and my thigh lift. I could take care of myself. I traveled alone again, and went to a hotel for the remainder of my recovery. I chose to stay a long time in the hotel, because I have young kids, and I did not want to go home too early, because I know my self. I know I would start using my arms before I needed to because of them. All of my results have come out beautiful. RealSelf.com has more reviews on Dr Victor Gutierrez if you are interested in reading, as well as more before and after pictures.

When I went to Tijuana to have surgery with Dr Victor Gutierrez, I stayed in recovery for 7 days when I had my lower body lift, breast lift, and butt lift with 24 hours nursing care. I was taken care of beautifully. Dr Gutierriez is unbelievable when it come to his bedside manner, and he is a nice man. I traveled alone but was taken care of every step of the way. Last month when I went, I only stayed in recovery 1 day for my arm lift and my thigh lift. I could take care of myself. I traveled alone again, and went to a hotel for the remainder of my recovery. I chose to stay a long time in the hotel, because I have young kids, and I did not want to go home too early, because I know my self. I know I would start using my arms before I needed to because of them. All of my results have come out beautiful. RealSelf.com has more reviews on Dr Victor Gutierrez if you are interested in reading, as well as more before and after pictures.

So did you stay in the recovery house then for your first surgeries? I'm thinking if I go alone I may stay there.

Yes I was in recovery for 7 days after my first surgery. If you are having major surgery, like a lower body lift, I would really recommend that you stay in recovery at least 7 days or more. I am glad I did. For both of my surgeries, I arrived a few days before my surgery so that I could enjoy Tijuana. The doctor will make sure you are will taken care of.

Ok, I will share a couple of opinions...and they are just that! I think Dr Sauceda, Dr Guitteriz and one other are the best of the Mexican surgeons I have seen on my years on these forums. The third I won't mention because while I have seen some amazing results I have heard some"iffy" stuff too. If it were me right now thinking of Mexico it would be down to these two. I have seen before and afters of at least 50 Dr Sauceda patients so of course I have a personal high level of confidence in him. Really....don't think you can go wrong with either but there are some differences.

Dr Sauceda does alot of procedures at once. I wondered about safety but there are two important factors..#1 he has a partner with such similar techniques I can't tell who did what stitching up. #2 sedation is different. His anesthesiologist uses twilight sedation with an epidural. I was in surgery for 9 hours and woke up feeling great. Contrast that with every other surgery where I woke up sick.

I also had very little pain...that epidural had some magic.

I stayed in a clinic for 3 days with incredible nursing care. I was either the only patient or with one other (private rooms like a hospital) and at least two nurses on. A chef who catered our meals to us individually (high Protein low carb and tasty!). I adore the good doctor and his #1 nurse, Patty. Between the two, and their loving care, I hardly wanted to come home! I stayed at a nearby Hampton inn hotel for another 8 days with daily visits from Patty and the doctor. I have rarely felt so cared for in the USA medical system.

In the end, the reason I went to dr Sauceda over a very good local surgeon was the care. I was frankly scared to go home right after surgery. I also wanted to do it all at once. USA surgeons would have staged me over 3 surgeries. I would go to dr Sauceda again and highly recommend, but I am so glad it's behind me now!!!

Oh forgot to mention...the clinic where the surgery and first 3days of recovery were physically adjoined a hospital. Confidence booster.

<p>Ok, I will share a couple of opinions...and they are just that! I think Dr Sauceda, Dr Guitteriz and one other are the best of the Mexican surgeons I have seen on my years on these forums. The third I won't mention because while I have seen some amazing results I have heard some"iffy" stuff too. If it were me right now thinking of Mexico it would be down to these two. I have seen before and afters of at least 50 Dr Sauceda patients so of course I have a personal high level of confidence in him. Really....don't think you can go wrong with either but there are some differences.</p> <p> </p> <p>Dr Sauceda does alot of procedures at once. I wondered about safety but there are two important factors..#1 he has a partner with such similar techniques I can't tell who did what stitching up. #2 sedation is different. His anesthesiologist uses twilight sedation with an epidural. I was in surgery for 9 hours and woke up feeling great. Contrast that with every other surgery where I woke up sick.</p> <p>I also had very little pain...that epidural had some magic.</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>I stayed in a clinic for 3 days with incredible nursing care. I was either the only patient or with one other (private rooms like a hospital) and at least two nurses on. A chef who catered our meals to us individually (high Protein low carb and tasty!). I adore the good doctor and his #1 nurse, Patty. Between the two, and their loving care, I hardly wanted to come home! I stayed at a nearby Hampton inn hotel for another 8 days with daily visits from Patty and the doctor. I have rarely felt so cared for in the USA medical system.</p> <p> </p> <p>In the end, the reason I went to dr Sauceda over a very good local surgeon was the care. I was frankly scared to go home right after surgery. I also wanted to do it all at once. USA surgeons would have staged me over 3 surgeries. I would go to dr Sauceda again and highly recommend, but I am so glad it's behind me now!!!</p>

Thanks for all the information!

Once you moved to the hotel did they still check in on you frequently? I'm worried if I go alone I may be forgotten in the hotel and there won't be anyone to help me use the restroom or something. What did you eat once you went to the hotel?

By the time I went to the hotel I could use the restroom, walk down to the Breakfast area, take a shower by myself. The nurse visited everyday at around the same time in the morning and was there for quite awhile - an hour? The doctor came every day too (except for 1 when he had a very long surgery) but his visits were typically short - 10 minutes maybe. I had his cell phone number too. The hotel staff was also very "tuned" in and available. English was spoken at the front desk and the housekeeping staff (room cleaned daily), and the Breakfast lady were very friendly (daily hugs!) even if I didn't always understand them.

I was there with a friend which was wonderful, but many do this alone quite successfully.