Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My only issues have been with gas and getting up and down hurts the most. But once up the walking is just what the Dr ordered!!! Yesterday I ate 1 oz cottage cheese, 2 sugar free popsicles 1/2 Jello and another oz of cottage cheese. Today I was able to eat half a scrammbled egg with about 1 T shredded cheese. That was yummy!!! I have ABSOLUTELY NO appetite, but I know I have to get the Protein in or my body will stall. Good Luck to all you sleevers anticpating surgery. You got this!!

That's fantastic that you feel so good. I am so worried about feeling like poop for months afterwards. I am scared of the pain, but it always helps to hear about people feeling so good so quickly!

That's fantastic that you feel so good. I am so worried about feeling like poop for months afterwards. I am scared of the pain, but it always helps to hear about people feeling so good so quickly!

I had surgery on Monday and I feel so so! I do have one incision that hurts like the dickens and it is really sore to get up and down. I have only been able to get about 24 oz of Water in a day. I constantly feel like it stays in my chest. It is uncomfortable so I don't like to do it. Any idea when this stops?

I was sleeved on Monday and my one incision hurts like hell too! Today was the first day I was able to meet both my Water and Protein requirements. Dr has me on Clear Liquids for the first week. Just keep walking as much as you can and try a bunch of different things to drink, I've had water, propel zero, Vitamin water zero, nectar, Unjury chicken Soup, crystal light and Premier Protein and pure Protein Drinks. At one point in time I had 3 different drinks lined up in front of me for variety! It really has gotten better each day. Keep up with the pain meds too. They will help you heal faster.

<p><span style="color:rgb(75,0,130);">My only issues have been with gas and getting up and down hurts the most. But once up the walking is just what the Dr ordered!!! Yesterday I ate 1 oz cottage cheese, 2 sugar free popsicles 1/2 Jello and another oz of cottage cheese. Today I was able to eat half a scrammbled egg with about 1 T shredded cheese. That was yummy!!! I have ABSOLUTELY NO appetite, but I know I have to get the Protein in or my body will stall. Good Luck to all you sleevers anticpating surgery. You got this!! </span></p>

What day was ur surgery?

<p>I had surgery on Monday and I feel so so! I do have one incision that hurts like the dickens and it is really sore to get up and down. I have only been able to get about 24 oz of Water in a day. I constantly feel like it stays in my chest. It is uncomfortable so I don't like to do it. Any idea when this stops?</p>

Yes the one on my right side hurts like hell and that happens to be the incision she pulled the stomach through. I really haven't eaten much but have been able to drink 40 ounces. How do u know when ur sleeve is full.

Yes the one on my right side hurts like hell and that happens to be the incision she pulled the stomach through. I really haven't eaten much but have been able to drink 40 ounces. How do u know when ur sleeve is full.

. You can hardly feel restriction on clear liquids. I tried Tomato Soup and after 3 bites I felt full, burped so I was def full.

Little sips I think is the key and walking is the best. I totally agree switch things up.. tazo makes some great caffeine free teas too.I am not sure when it stops, i am day 7 post op and I still get those gas bubbles/pressure in my chest

I had surgery on Monday and I feel so so! I do have one incision that hurts like the dickens and it is really sore to get up and down. I have only been able to get about 24 oz of Water in a day. I constantly feel like it stays in my chest. It is uncomfortable so I don't like to do it. Any idea when this stops?

My Dr. said it will hold about 4oz at a time. So now on day 7 I ate like 3oz of Protein, very slowly. i try not to take big gulps of my drinks either.. They pulled my stomach out on the left and holy shit does that one hurt!!!! It will get better every day!

. You can hardly feel restriction on Clear liquids. I tried Tomato Soup and after 3 bites I felt full, burped so I was def full.

April 14 was surgery, Monday

<p><span style="color:rgb(75,0,130);">My only issues have been with gas and getting up and down hurts the most. But once up the walking is just what the Dr ordered!!! Yesterday I ate 1 oz cottage cheese, 2 sugar free popsicles 1/2 Jello and another oz of cottage cheese. Today I was able to eat half a scrammbled egg with about 1 T shredded cheese. That was yummy!!! I have ABSOLUTELY NO appetite, but I know I have to get the Protein in or my body will stall. Good Luck to all you sleevers anticpating surgery. You got this!! </span></p>

What day was ur surgery?

Hi Everyone,

I was sleeved on Monday the 14th. The first 3 days were ROUGH, the gas was Brutal. I had such a hard time even drinking Water, by day 4 it was much better. What saved me was cold V-8 splash. It was the only thing i could get down easily. I am way better. Now and feeling great. I do run out of steam around 4pm but just power through. The walking helps for sure. Good luck to all of you- IT GETS BETTER!

I'm down 15lbs from start of Protein diet (4/4/14) and can't wait to watch even more fall off!!

-raychel

I am 3 days post op. I have such bad gas and it hurts to get up and down. My surgery was on the 17th and I went home yesterday.. My dr has everyone on CLEARS for a month. Its hard to find things to add unflavored Protein powder to. Day three and I'm already bored. I cant have FULL liquids until may 17th..

I am 3 days post op. I have such bad gas and it hurts to get up and down. My surgery was on the 17th and I went home yesterday.. My dr has everyone on CLEARS for a month. Its hard to find things to add unflavored Protein powder to. Day three and I'm already bored. I cant have FULL liquids until may 17th..

Wow that's a long time on clear liquids! My doc says to eat whatever you can tolerate once you are out of the hospital. It's up to me to experiment and see what my tummy can handle... But I'll bet you'll lose a ton of weight this first month :)