Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm looking for anyone who is pre or post op revision from VSG to Gastric Bypass. I am pre-op and going through the pre-op studies at this time. I have not gotten 100% approval for the revision from my insurance even though they are the ones telling me all the steps and where to go. I'm hopeful that is a good sign, though one never knows.

I'd love to hear from anyone! I don't think there are too many of us. :)

hi there

I started with a band, went to sleeve, this stretched and now I am 12 days out from having Omega Loop gastric bypass.

Apart from scar tissue apparently everything went okay. Feeling really well so far...

@@fleabag1975 Hi fleabag nice to meet you! I also started with a lap band too and I wonder if it might be partially responsible for how my stomach deformed over the years. I was incredibly successful with my sleeve and even went below goal. For the last few years tho I've struggled so much and with hunger, and feeling sick all the time. I have extremely bad GERD too.

Did you have those symptoms? May I ask exactly what type of bypass you have? I've never heard of it.

Thanks! :)

@@fleabag1975 Hi fleabag nice to meet you! I also started with a lap band too and I wonder if it might be partially responsible for how my stomach deformed over the years. I was incredibly successful with my sleeve and even went below goal. For the last few years tho I've struggled so much and with hunger, and feeling sick all the time. I have extremely bad GERD too.

Did you have those symptoms? May I ask exactly what type of bypass you have? I've never heard of it.

Thanks! :)

for sure!

nice to meet you too...!

I have had a bypass but a reversable and safer option one. Its relitively new in Australia here. Here is the website have a look and compare the stats there is a chart throughout the site that shows you the complications of full bypass versus this one http://clos.net/

yeah my sleeve stretched unfortunatley. Only after 6 months too. I def had restriction and is was great i had lost 25 kg. I still reckon they didnt do it right the first time. The band slipped before that and i was left with a terrible scarred and deformed stomach too. I was lucky to have this procedure done. Anyway I feel great I have lost 10 kilos now and only 12 days out..

@@fleabag1975 It sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work and I pray you continue to heal well and continue on your weight loss just as good. Thanks so much! It's just nice to know I'm not alone. I know there aren't too many of us out there but we are here. :) Take care.

You too good luck on your journey

so when do you think you will take the next step and go for it?

Hard to say. Hopefully I've done enough of my pre-op testing to move to the next step which is insurance approval. I'm thinking most likely late next month or June. :)

I wish more people had info for you Irene! When I was struggling I really researched converting to the DS. I was feeling hopeless. Luckily I am 7 pounds away from my low weight again right now but its not easy. My BMI is still 28ish, and I wonder what it would have been if I would have gone for the Bypass. Don't get me wrong, I am happy, just wonder what it would be like!! (I am a size 12, wayyyyy better than a 24 ) My hunger is no different than before at this point! I'll keep trying, I really hope you get approved !!!

-Lisa (previously Sleeve of Steel!)

@ Oh Hiii!! Congrats you are very successful! I did the best I could do but I am physically sick from mine. It really really sucks and I really wish my sleeve wouldve turned out like a real one, I believe I'd be fine and still at goal. Whatever you choose I support you! Keep me in the loop on how you're doing. :)

Hi I started with a sleeve 1. 1/2 yrs ago with a sleeve and it's stretched so I've piled all my weight back on. I am having the Omega loop gastric bypass sine on 29th may. I'm slightly confused though as some people say it's only a 30minute op yet my surgeon says it will be at least 3 1/2 hrs grrrr

We've talked but I figured I'd give you an update!

Soo, my problem is esophageal spasms/dysphagia (trouble swallowing) and I finally went in and had the awful manometry which measures pressures while you swallow. It was ten kinds of messed up so we are going forward with the bypass in hopes that the change in anatomy will solve the pressure problem and the achalasia that's creeping up. I'm now finishing up all the pre-op testing and am also waiting on insurance but was told that since this is medically necessary and the achalasia could lead to esophageal cancer, the insurance company should push it through right away. I can let you know when I have a date but I'm sure it will be soon. All my pre-op work is done this week then I'll have to wait a bit then take that stupid class before surgery. I say all of this is stupid because I was obviously "stable" enough to get the sleeve so why jump through all the same hoops to get a surgery that I don't even want. I just want the pain to stop but they want me to be all excited about getting the bypass. I'm a nurse, I know what Vitamins to take and what I need to eat just give me the gosh darn surgery and leave me alone to *hopefully* heal and get used to yet another new stomach so I can live a normal life.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so ready for the pain to stop and I'm nervous as crap for all the malnutrition issues that the bypass brings but it's not like I'm functioning now so hopefully this will help and not make things worse.

@@thesupportedhalf Best wishes on your surgery and recovery! Yes I've heard that revision to bypass is about a 4 hour surgery. I'm not sure where the half hour came from. I don't know of any surgeries that are only 30 minutes long.

Hi @@Beckyyb93 have you gotten your date yet? I see you wrote this a few days ago. Hopefully everything will move fast for you. I'm in the process of waiting on insurance approval now. Then the surgery shortly thereafter. Praying for us all!

Hi @@Beckyyb93 have you gotten your date yet? I see you wrote this a few days ago. Hopefully everything will move fast for you. I'm in the process of waiting on insurance approval now. Then the surgery shortly thereafter. Praying for us all!

No date yet, but ER last night because something got stuck :( they put me back on Lortab until I have surgery. Hopefully it will be soon because that stuff makes me fuzzy however I can't stay hydrated without it.