Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Nebraska people? I am having surgery in Lincoln by Dr. Hung. I'm almost finished with all my evals (last two Monday) and shooting for a May surgery! Any Lincoln or Omaha area sleevers?! :)

I'm from Lincoln! I had my lapband back in June 2011 then band to sleeve revision January 2014 by Dr Taddeucci!

From Lincoln, had my sleeve from Dr. Forse, Oct. 2013.

Nice to "meet" you ladies! :) How was your experiences? I'm hoping for surgery in May and will be done with all of my evals tomorrow after my dietary and exercise evals.

Nice to "meet" you ladies! :) How was your experiences? I'm hoping for surgery in May and will be done with all of my evals tomorrow after my dietary and exercise evals.

I already said that in my post! Lol. Sorry for the repeat. Haha

My surgery went very well. I did have a rough first week, trying to get my fluids in, but once I forced myself to drink 1 ounce every 15 minutes for 2 days, it got easier. I wish you the best!! It's nice to have other fellow Nebraskans on here, I have not found too many!!!

All of my surgeries went well. Very little pain and i was back to work a week later. My lapband slipped twice, that's why i had my lapband removed and revised to the sleeve. I've hit a big stall. I've only lost 13lbs since my revision surgery. I feel i eat about the same amount with the sleeve as i did with my band. But it's a whole lot less than with out it! Now that the weather is improving i'm going to get out and start running. I'm also going to start kickboxing next week. Then the weight should just fall right off!

Beginning in June on Wednesday's for 8 weeks from 630p-830ish at Southwest High School is a running group called "Beginner's Luck". It's sponsored by the Lincoln Running Company. Its for people of all abilities on getting the training for running a 5k or you can do 5 miles. When I say all abilities, I mean all abilities. There are people who have never ran a day in their life to the avid runner that has done marathons! If you're looking for a way to get up and start running, its something to consider. Its only $25 and you get a shirt too! Each week they have a speaker come and talk about nutrition, injury prevention and motivation. Let me know if any one is interested and I will get you the information when it's available.

I did it last year and had fun and I hate running but I can run farther now than I could when I first started. I'm planning on doing it again this year too!

Edited by pancake1271

Unfortunately I work in the evenings. I would love to try it!

That's too bad... Its a lot of fun and you don't have to worry about not being able to run far because they will encourage you just to do your best! And give you credit for just getting out there and running!

If you ever get on days and have evenings off, I would definitely recommend give it a try.

Sounds like something I would LOVE to do! One of my goals is to become a runner!

I'll let you know when the registration is. I think its in late april, beginning of May. My husband got me started last year and I really had fun. I hate running but I had fun because everyone is so supportive, from the volunteers to the other runners.

My husband started the "Beginner's Luck" program a couple years ago and now he's training for the Lincoln Marathon. He's going to go the full marathon and its his first one! He also had the lap band done in June 2012 and far he hasn't had any problems like I did. If he does he's just going have it removed and not revise it to the sleeve. So far he has lost about 75lbs. The last 20lb has been because of running. He's about 20lbs away from his goal weight! I guess its about time i get my big butt moving!

Any Nebraska people? I am having surgery in Lincoln by Dr. Hung. I'm almost finished with all my evals (last two Monday) and shooting for a May surgery! Any Lincoln or Omaha area sleevers?! :)

I will be sleeved end if August, first of September!!

I really like Dr Forse!! I thought I could have it done in July, but my coverage states a certain amount if time I have to be with my employer.

I've been working on this, reading up, watching peoples success stories for over a year.

I will be sleeved end if August, first of September!! I really like Dr Forse!! I thought I could have it done in July, but my coverage states a certain amount if time I have to be with my employer. I've been working on this, reading up, watching peoples success stories for over a year.

Welcome!!! Dr. Forse is a good surgeon. I have had no issues!! Have you gone to the support groups yet?

Hi Nebraska sleevers!!! I have my surgery date set for May 6th at 7:30am with Dr. Hung at Bryan West. :)