Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 months out, down 91lbs since last Jan...but lately the scale has only moved up!! Not eating anything different...since 6mos dr visit have actually increased Protein, doing more resistance and weights, and taking my vitamins...i have gained 4lbs...this freaks me out!!! I am self pay and feel like If I'm not losing I may have wasted a lot of money!! I'm scared that this is it and I have a lot more to lose!!! Really tempted to go back to my crash diet thinking to shake things up...help!!!

How much more weight do you have to lose, and how many calories are you eating every day? I wouldn't freak out just yet, I would assess my situation a little closer. It could be a lot of different things. You could be eating more without realizing it if you don't track. Since you are exercising, you could be gaining muscle, which would explain a 4 pound gain. You could be retaining a little Water. Your body might be adjusting to the huge loss you've had. Maybe it's a combination of all or some of those things.

The good news is that you are paying attention, so you won't let this get away from you. Take a deep breath, be honest with yourself about what's going on, then make a game plan based on your plan prescribed by your doc. I know the feeling of panic when the scale goes the wrong way, but I remind myself it's what we do over the long haul that makes a difference. It's tempting to go back to bad habits, but we all know that never worked for us before, so it's probably not going to now. You can do this!

Thanks for the encouragement...I am still 268 lbs so have a lot more to go...Lately I have really missed the restriction I had earlier on...I find myself getting more food in and that worries me...I know it is still a lot less than the average person but I liked only getting 2-3oz at a time...maybe I'm just a freak lol

Instead of serving what you think you can eat, measure or weigh out what you feel you should eat and stop there. I know I can currently eat more than 1/2 cup of certain things, but I only ever serve myself that 1/2 cup. It helps a lot, especially with softer things.

I've also noticed that if I go a few days where I limit solid food and drink more Protein shakes my restriction comes back. Just a thought.

I also think the gain might be because of increased weight training. As your muscles create tiny tears in the fibers, more Water will be retained to help repair them. The combination of muscle gain and Water retention will lead to a gain. Plus, my surgeon has always told me that 5 pounds either way is not significant; the body will just do this from time to tome.

Thank you so much for that! I definitely could do more measuring my food and i was considering going back to liquid diet for awhile to give my sleeve a break from solids...can't hurt...thanks again!

If you are tracking your food pay attention to the breakdown between Protein and carbs. Try increasing Protein and decreasing carbs. When my loss slowed down a bit my surgeon said make sure you are chewing your calories. I hadn't realized that alot of my calories were coming from things like yogurt, cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese. These are not foods you are chewing and can be less filling. Instead eat/chew at each meal like dense proteing, chicken, beef, pork fish etc.

Also get back to tracking your food religously if you have strayed from this. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the encouragement...I am still 268 lbs so have a lot more to go...Lately I have really missed the restriction I had earlier on...I find myself getting more food in and that worries me...I know it is still a lot less than the average person but I liked only getting 2-3oz at a time...maybe I'm just a freak lol

I miss the restriction i had early on, too. I do notice that some days i have more restriction than others. Also, I find that when i cut way back, the restriction is better. I agree it's a good idea to weigh and measure food.

I reeaaallyyyy miss that strong restriction too. :( anyhoo, when I was about 5 out, I noticed I suddenly could eat more and my appetite was much stronger (boy, now I wish it was how it was at 5 months post op! Ha) but I stopped losing for a month. I didn't gain but I didn't lose. As hard as it was, and gosh was it hard, I went back to Protein Shakes for 2 weeks. Nothing but shakes. I don't know if I could do that now at over a year out, but at 5 months out the surgery was still new enough for me that I was able to hang in there and do it. From there I went on to achieve well below my goal weight. It was really a turning point for me. Maybe that's where you are. Give the shakes a shot! Good luck!

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON CHAT. I HAD SLEEVE SURGERY ON 8.15.14. I HAVE ONLY LOST 50lbs. I HAVE BEEN MEASURING & WEIGHING ALL MY food. I AVERAGE A WEIGHT LOSS OF 2-3 LBS A WEEK. I THINK I SHOULD HAVE LOST MORE THAN 50lLBS BY NOW. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS???

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON CHAT. I HAD SLEEVE SURGERY ON 8.15.14. I HAVE ONLY LOST 50lbs. I HAVE BEEN MEASURING & WEIGHING ALL MY food. I AVERAGE A WEIGHT LOSS OF 2-3 LBS A WEEK. I THINK I SHOULD HAVE LOST MORE THAN 50lLBS BY NOW. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Drop you carbs.

Are you eating enough don't forget when you exercise you need to eat MORE....

help !! monday i will be 3 weeks out ! i lost 15 lbs and was so happy. this week was bad i think i had a bug i was in the bathroom every time i ate or drank anything i am finally feeling better and gained 5 lbs back ?? whats wrong. please help super depressed