Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

What does the port look like?

Views
Started by Dana, Mar 20, 2007 9:56 PM
4 replies to this topic
4 replies to this topic

Dana

Intermediate Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted March 20, 2007 - 9:56 PM

I am still learning about lap band surgery....
What does the port look like on the outside of the body? Is it covered by skin? Or, is there a plastic thing outside of the body?

Thanks in advance....
Dana

mariecarmen

Guru in Training

Posted March 21, 2007 - 5:05 AM

The port is implanted under your skin. Mine is next to my belly button and under the 1 1/2 inch surgical scar. I can feel it when I press there, but it isn't visible when I look in the mirror.

lisah25

Bariatric Master

• My Blogs
Posted March 21, 2007 - 9:22 AM

Same with me, I can feel it if I try, but it doesn't show at all. Nothing sticking out of the skin - I don't think I'd have done the band if there were!

MollieBeth

Intermediate Member

Posted March 21, 2007 - 1:28 PM

Mine is the same way, but up on my higher ab muscle. I can feel it, but it does not show on the outside. No one would be able to tell you have anything except from seeing the scars. Don't worry, its not visible.

Wheetsin

Token Atheist

• Surgery Date: Mar 2012
  • Height: 5 feet 10 inches
  • Current Weight: 208 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 175 lbs
  • BMI: 29.8
  • My Blogs
Posted March 21, 2007 - 1:42 PM

My port is about an inch or two below my bra band, just slightly to the right of centered. I can feel it when I push, but cannot see it from the outside. But boy oh boy can I feel it if I move just wrong. ;) I thought I could see it at one time, but that was just a scar tissue lump. It feels like a button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates