Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Advice One Week Out

Hi All,

I'm now one week post tt surgery. I thought I'd pass along some info while it's fresh in my mind. My doc suggested bandages for the first day or so then switch over to a clean white tee shirt under the binder. It has worked really well. It keeps the binder clean, and other than a couple spots the first day i had no drainage. I also pin the drainage bulbs to a lanyard that I wear around my neck when showering. I then hang the lanyard on the hook on the back of the door which frees me up to dry and carefully dress. Re underwear- I've decided commando is the only way to go for me. No matter what I tried granny vs bikini it all irritated the incision line. Diazepam is the drug that works best for me- most of my pain, discomfort seems to be from the stretched muscles. I see the doc in two days. Obviously longer that we both wanted but given the circumstances it was the only way. I'll let you know what he says then. So far so good, and much less painful than I anticipated (way less than my c-sections). Clearing up my head seems to be the biggest issue!

Glad you had a good experience I think it takes time that you wont have that hanging belly anymore. I hope to get one by next year at the latest. Its time. Hope your recovery goes well.

I had my belt Tummy Tuck December 12th. I am supposed to have all four drains and staples out tomorrow. I still hurt quiet a bit. Yes, I too, have the emotional thing going on. Some days are great , others, I try hard not to cry. Must be hormonal. My drains are 2 on each hip. I have to drain them and keep up with how much is released. Today, I hurt really bad when I breathe in behind my belly button. Have anyone had this? I go back to work January 6. Please tell me it will be much better by then. Overall, I am very satisfied with the results even though I'm still swollen. I originally lost 165 pounds before getting this tummy tuck. I don't think anyone can truley be mentally ready for something this major.

When I take a shower, I wear my underwear and put the drain bulbs in them. I would love to know how you are doing or if you have the pain behind your belly button. I ran fever last week up to 102.8 which he put my on antibiotics. No fever since then.

I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly. I never had the type of pain you're describing. I only had 2 drains, one on each hip, and got the last one out on day 17. My worst pain has always been from the drains and now drain sites. As my daughter, a doctor herself, told me once the drains are removed those spot go right back to day one of healing so they always will be the last to stop hurting. I also didn't have staples, I have glue and dissolving sutures. Since you obviously had an infection I sure wouldn't hesitate to contact dr ASAP. It may be something as simple as changing to a different antibiotic. I didn't have the emotions from my surgery, mine was from losing my mom. I would take your emotions as one more indicator that you are sick, not just healing! About the showering, I really loved using a lanyard to hang my drains off of. It gave me plenty of freedom both in the shower and when drying off. Call your doc, feel better, and let us know how you are doing! I'm sending good thoughts and wishes your way! PS I did have my belly button relocated also, but never felt even a twinge from it. Call your doc!

Looking Ahead, how are you doing? I'm thinking about you!

Hi All,

I'm now one week post tt surgery. I thought I'd pass along some info while it's fresh in my mind. My doc suggested bandages for the first day or so then switch over to a clean white tee shirt under the binder. It has worked really well. It keeps the binder clean, and other than a couple spots the first day i had no drainage. I also pin the drainage bulbs to a lanyard that I wear around my neck when showering. I then hang the lanyard on the hook on the back of the door which frees me up to dry and carefully dress. Re underwear- I've decided commando is the only way to go for me. No matter what I tried granny vs bikini it all irritated the incision line. Diazepam is the drug that works best for me- most of my pain, discomfort seems to be from the stretched muscles. I see the doc in two days. Obviously longer that we both wanted but given the circumstances it was the only way. I'll let you know what he says then. So far so good, and much less painful than I anticipated (way less than my c-sections). Clearing up my head seems to be the biggest issue!

Who is your doctor :))

& What state

I'm in California

I'm in Connecticut. Dr. Alex Cech did my surgery. To anyone in the area I would recommend him 100%. Perfect experience in every way!

Arkansas -

Why is that blonde lady's pic showing up on my comments? Thats not me. It just shows up as me. I even went to my profile to show no pic used and it is still there.