Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling really blah today...questions?

Is anyone else 5 or so days out from surgery and they just can't get in enough liquid or Protein. I know I'm not taking in enough. I've been around long enough to know that your body has to have a certain amount of calories to function. I thought by today that I would be starting to really perk up and instead all I want to do is sleep. I haven't felt like this since the first few days in the hospital. I feel full constantly, hugely, uncomfortably full. Like I can't put anything else in my tummy or it will explode. I sip on my liquids, my Protein powders taste so gross that I can't get more than an oz down a few times a day. Today is the first time that I've really felt crappy. I can't take my Vitamins because they want to come right back up. I had an episode the other night where I couldn't take most of my meds because it was just too much in my stomach.

Is any of this normal?

I have switched to drinking some skim milk here and there which seems to sit well and has protein in it. I might have to go back to the thin shakes I did preop because I might actually be able to drink them. The weirdest thing is I can drink Decaf coffee in the evening and have less fullness issues with it. I'm wondering if its because its warm? I'm also concerned that I'm not walking around the house enough because I just don't have the energy. I took a nap and got up at 330 and now I'm ok with going back to sleep. I'm kind of worried that I'm getting so deficient in nutrients that my body just can't run right. Blah!

I'll at least try to get a chewable multi in me and maybe an Iron. There is no way I can get the Calcium chews in right now. One tiny square scares me!

I'm 5 days post op too and feel every single thing you're feeling and more. Today is a miserable day. All the gas built back up again, diarrhea, and a white tongue too. I just want to stay in bed. I have had about 24 oz Fluid so far, definitely won't make 64 today. I also have zero help and have to manage housework.

I'm 6 weeks post RNY and 3 weeks post bowel obstruction and I still struggle to get all my Protein and Water in. I'm better than I was in the beginning but still struggle. My dr didn't make me take my Vitamins and stuff for the first month. I encouraged it but said that if you can't stomach them the first month you just can't. He wanted me to try but not force it. At a month out is when he said I need to worry if I wasn't getting it.

White tongue is defiantly dehydration! I waited a couple extra days when i started feeling all these things. You only feel worse. I went to urgent care at the request of my surgeon and got 2 bags of Iv I walked feeling 100% better.

I wouldn't wait.

Surgery date 7/25/12

Is anyone else 5 or so days out from surgery and they just can't get in enough liquid or Protein. I know I'm not taking in enough. I've been around long enough to know that your body has to have a certain amount of calories to function. I thought by today that I would be starting to really perk up and instead all I want to do is sleep. I haven't felt like this since the first few days in the hospital. I feel full constantly' date=' hugely, uncomfortably full. Like I can't put anything else in my tummy or it will explode. I sip on my liquids, my Protein powders taste so gross that I can't get more than an oz down a few times a day. Today is the first time that I've really felt crappy. I can't take my Vitamins because they want to come right back up. I had an episode the other night where I couldn't take most of my meds because it was just too much in my stomach.

Is any of this normal?

I have switched to drinking some skim milk here and there which seems to sit well and has protein in it. I might have to go back to the thin shakes I did preop because I might actually be able to drink them. The weirdest thing is I can drink Decaf coffee in the evening and have less fullness issues with it. I'm wondering if its because its warm? I'm also concerned that I'm not walking around the house enough because I just don't have the energy. I took a nap and got up at 330 and now I'm ok with going back to sleep. I'm kind of worried that I'm getting so deficient in nutrients that my body just can't run right. Blah!

I'll at least try to get a chewable multi in me and maybe an Iron. There is no way I can get the calcium chews in right now. One tiny square scares me![/quote']

I have some hot chocolate with protein in it that I got from Bariatric Advantage. I love it at night nice and warm. Helps me relax and sleep good.

My husband came up with a wonderful idea. He took a cup of Campbell's Sirloin burger with veggies stuck it in the blender with some milk and blended it until there wasn't a chunk. It tasted sooooooo good. Perked me up so fast that it made him laugh.

My husband came up with a wonderful idea. He took a cup of Campbell's Sirloin burger with veggies stuck it in the blender with some milk and blended it until there wasn't a chunk. It tasted sooooooo good. Perked me up so fast that it made him laugh.

Good man! You're lucky!

I've had about 40 oz today and I had my surgery on Wednesday. I'm finding that whatever I drink feels like it gets stuck. I have to take a deep breath to get it to go down. Almost like if you swallow something and it goes down rough and you have to lift your arms over head to clear it.

I've had about 40 oz today and I had my surgery on Wednesday. I'm finding that whatever I drink feels like it gets stuck. I have to take a deep breath to get it to go down. Almost like if you swallow something and it goes down rough and you have to lift your arms over head to clear it.

This is exactly what's happening to me. Sometimes it goes down, sometimes I spit it back up. So frustrated.

This is exactly what's happening to me. Sometimes it goes down' date=' sometimes I spit it back up. So frustrated.[/quote']

I have noticed that warm or ice cold fluids go down easier. I haven't spit anything up or thrown up. It has gotten easier over the past couple of days but its not 100% by far. I'm just kinda nervous that the opening might be too small.

I had a 'tight' painful feeling when I drank anthing. My surgeon said it would go away as things healed and swelling went down. That was four days ago. I have already noticed an improvement. Keep in mind you had major surgery only a few days ago. They cut, rearranged, and stapled things in there. Give it time to heal. Take it slow, do the best you can to get fluids first, then Protein. No one ever died of malnutrtion in two weeks. Fluids are the most important thing right now. Drink, rest and heal! You will notice an improvement soon enough.

Experiment with temperatures. I can't drink anything unless is super, super, cold. If it's hot, warm or lukewarm, I can't do it. It makes me feel ugghgh. (yes, The only way I can describe the feeling is with ugh)

With real foods I can tolerate more of a variety of temperatures, but I can't do leftovers. It's been a lot of trial and error with my foods, I've thrown up more in the past three-four weeks than I have in the past 10 years. It's not pleasant.

I'm about 7 weeks out, and much better than I was the first couple weeks.

I can sympathize with you.

I am 2+ weeks post-op and I am lucky if I can ingest at least 10gr of Protein Shake. I do really well with my Water intake (that is, as long as I mix Crystal Light in it, which I used to dislike pre-op) and with the fat free chicken broth. I am starting to realize, I only live off of these two every day. No bueno.

I'm 5 days post op too and feel every single thing you're feeling and more. Today is a miserable day. All the gas built back up again' date=' diarrhea, and a white tongue too. I just want to stay in bed. I have had about 24 oz Fluid so far, definitely won't make 64 today. I also have zero help and have to manage housework.[/quote']

I had surgery the same day as you, my tongue is still white, though there are now Patches where it's finally clearing up.. But the gas omg! I wish I could just stick a needle to deflate myself!! That's the most miserable part, no matter how much I move!!!