Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry for myself!

Well, Sat was my 45th anniversary. We had a huge trip planned to Hawaii. Been booked since May. I did it all myself without a travel agent. Researching everything. Then my husband had a Cat scan for a ongoing problem 3 weeks ago. Long story short, lung cancer showed up. In the past 3 weeks we have been to 6 drs appointments. The last was the oncologist. We decided he would be the determining factor in wether we can make this 3 week trip. All he said was if it was him he would not go. 3 days before leaving I spent 3 hours canceling everything.

Good news is we think it is Stage II. We have been thru cancer with him in 2005. He had stage IV bladder cancer and the oncologist calls him his miracle man. At that time he got in a study drug and it saved his life. Now they use this drug all the time. To think how lucky he was to have gotten that. So if you or loved one has cancer get into the study groups if offered. Oncologist said so many people pass up these opportunities. Next we see the surgeon to see if it is operable. If it is this is his best chance of survival. See surgeon tomorrow.

Sorry I rambled on, just feeling down and teary eyed this morning. Thanks for reading!

::hugs:: that really sucks. Maybe you could go down to party city & get some luea stuff & make a staycation? Get a bucket of sand to put your feet in, a poster of Hawaii, cd of music, make a pork roast... Etc.

allons-y

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. If you live close to Houston, Tx, I recommend going to MD Anderson Hospital for a second opinion. My mom did and they gave her 5 more years than her local doctors did.

I'm so sorry Mokee! Wishing you both the best.....I think it's just as hard on the cancer patient as their loved ones.....you're in my thoughts. --p

Sorry to hear this....Cancer sucks!! I'm sure everything will work out fine. Re-book now & set another goal for you & hubby...Look at the accomplisments you have both all ready over come..Both of you are "miracles" & Happy Anniversary, 45 yrs is a miracle in itself!! Huggs!

Do not apologize... that's why we're here. Best of luck w/ everything during these trying times. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers!

I am so sorry you are going through this, my thouhts are wih you.

MoKee, I just finished reading your posting. I am so sorry that you and your husband are going thru this, I HATE CANCER!!!! I will keep you and your husband in my daily prayers and hope it all works out. Are you going to get a second opinion? Or, I am sure you have confidence in the doctors you are seeing now. We are all thinking of you and most of all please Celebrate your 45th wedding anniversary today. Happy Anniversary !!!!!

It is a wise decision to cancel the trip to Hawaii. It's better to be proactive with treating this cancer and getting it in remission. You can always do Hawaii at a future date... :P Hoping for the best for your hubby! :P

It sucks to have to cancel a trip you planned for, but I think you'll be happier to be closer to home and not need to be than to be stuck somewhere off the mainland and want to be home. I wish you all the best with the diagnosis and treatment as a family! Cancer sucks.

And congrats - 45 years is a huge accomplishment! (I struggle with 45 minutes with some people!)

I am so sorry about your hubby. My thoughts are with you.

Prayers coming to your family from Virginia. This is what happened to us the first time I tried to go thru my WL surgery. My husband came down with Cancer, but Hey he is doing Amazing. Hope things go well .

Mokee,

Sorry to hear about your husband's illness. I recently lost my husband two months ago suddenly. I don't know how I am going to continue without him. But I know he is with me always. Take care of your self and of course him. I still eat what I am supposed to but I just wish he was here to Celebrate the milestone when I hit onerland. I also wish he was here with me so he could Celebrate my year of success with me in Sept. My prayers are with you and your family.

Linda Edmundson

Aww mokee...thats hard to bear! You were so UP and into the moment with planning and using your brain at max and the nlife threw u a whammy. Kinda makes u want to swear off feeling productive and mindful forever dont it?! But like someone said...keep it in mind that u guys will still take advantage of all this planning and preparing and it ll be even better 2d time around.

Keep us posted

How are thing's with your husband don't see a recent post