Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my 3rd time trying for the vsg

Took me 6 months, but that was an insurance requirement. Had to meet once a month with a nutritionist. As soon I as hit the last appointment they handed me my surgery schedule date.

Took about 6 months for me. It is def worth the wait.

It took me 3 months with my insurance. I had to have a minimum of 3 visits with the Nutritionist. Good luck !

You can do this!!! I had mine at 66 and also had gall bladder removed and hiatal hernia repaired...all by laposcopic!! So glad I did. 11 weeks out!

I feel your frustration!! I went to my the initial seminar the last week of December, and even though its only been a month, this process seems like its going to take FOREVER!! I am getting really impatient because I have to wait a month between the nutritional seminar and my first 1:1 appointment with the nutritionist. I also have to wait to get my psy eval as the psychiatrist wants to do the eval after Ive been on my nutritional plan for 1 month. After those two appointments I can then schedule an appointment with the surgeon. I think it wouldnt be so hard to wait if you could submit to insurance first...that way I know I'm not going through all of this stuff for nothing!

Its also hard because I am a naturally impatient person, and now I am being forced to wait for one of the most important decisions of my life. Time usually doesnt go by so slow for me, but this next month I fear will just crawl by...

I was always scared and backed out. Now im wondering how much longer its going to take? How long did everyones process take?

My process took almost seven months and I am soooo ready to get surgery on 2/11/13. Good luck to u

I feel your frustration!! I went to my the initial seminar the last week of December' date=' and even though its only been a month, this process seems like its going to take FOREVER!! I am getting really impatient because I have to wait a month between the nutritional seminar and my first 1:1 appointment with the nutritionist. I also have to wait to get my psy eval as the psychiatrist wants to do the eval after Ive been on my nutritional plan for 1 month. After those two appointments I can then schedule an appointment with the surgeon. I think it wouldnt be so hard to wait if you could submit to insurance first...that way I know I'm not going through all of this stuff for nothing!

Its also hard because I am a naturally impatient person, and now I am being forced to wait for one of the most important decisions of my life. Time usually doesnt go by so slow for me, but this next month I fear will just crawl by...[/quote']

Lol i totally understand a reason i quit before because i was there for 6 months and the surgeon said i could do it on my own so i gave ip and went somewhere eles. I wish they did the health insurance first would say so much time. Im very impatient also. Its like a tease to go through all this and be like cant i just get the surgery an go through all this paper ****. Lol

yeah, if they tell me that then I am going somewhere else....I am at 38BMI right now so I cant lose too much weight. Cant get below 210. I want this surgery really bad, and Ive been able to get some weight off before, but it never says off. I need this surgery because I know that eventually I will start to not be able to control my hunger pangs or cravings w/o the surgery. I am hungry all the time...with my new nut. plan its been a little better, but today is day 4 and I AM SO HUNGRY right now!!! I am just trying to drink a lot to get past this.

yeah' date=' if they tell me that then I am going somewhere else....I am at 38BMI right now so I cant lose too much weight. Cant get below 210. I want this surgery really bad, and Ive been able to get some weight off before, but it never says off. I need this surgery because I know that eventually I will start to not be able to control my hunger pangs or cravings w/o the surgery. I am hungry all the time...with my new nut. plan its been a little better, but today is day 4 and I AM SO HUNGRY right now!!! I am just trying to drink a lot to get past this.[/quote']

Thats what my problem is to. Im like always hungry and to be honest I've never actually felt full. How are you doing on the diet? Are you on a liquid diet right now?

Nope, my surgeon doesnt do the liquid diet before surgery. I had to go to a nutritional seminar where everyone pretty much got the same meal plan. I have to stick with this for a month before I have my 1:1 nutritional appointment where they might make additional adjustments. They said during the seminar that this is how I will have to eat after the surgery, and that they encourage weight loss before the surgery as well. I am eating 3 meals a day plus 2-3 Snacks, but I still feel hungry shortly after the meal. I also have to practice eating slower and taking smaller bites...and not drinking while eating, which I feel helps fill me up when I do...I hardly ever feel full, unless I have a big or rich meal.