Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 Ways To Tighten Skin After Weight Loss

Great advice! Thanks so much. I am going to print this out!

Great info,I am doing good with my weight training,but I just started so I haven't seen much of a change with the lose skin at 4 months out,due to my rapid weight loss :)

Yoga is a great suggestion too :) and Pilates. Great info I will pin this!! :) I am sure it will help many folks on here.

Great info,,thank you! Just ordered some sea salt scrub :) Will def work on the rest!

Thanks for the tips! I'm gonna try the salt scrub.

Lynda

Definitely plan on printing this out! Thanks for taking the time to post this

Perfect timing for this! Was just researching collagen tablets and collagen lotions. Don't want flabby arms!

Thanks again :)

This is awesome, can't wait to try some of these. I love that I will now have an excuss to get a massage. Thanks for putting this all together!

This is so awesome!! Excess skin has been my one concern through all of this. I am gonna try to do all of your suggestions!! Thanks again!

I have one more & I think it could actually fall under #17 Don't Tan but make sure you use your sunscreen everyday. Even for people of color. The Oil of Olay Moisturizer w/ SPF 15 is really good (not oily either).

I think all of these are bull. Sorry...just my opinion. The biggest loser people are lifting weights like crazy and still have flabby skin. Genetics and age are your only hope! If any of these have been medically proven let me know. I will give it a try. I think building muscle mass might be my only hope... But skin removal surgery might just have to happen :)

I think all of these are bull. Sorry...just my opinion. The biggest loser people are lifting weights like crazy and still have flabby skin. Genetics and age are your only hope! If any of these have been medically proven let me know. I will give it a try. I think building muscle mass might be my only hope... But skin removal surgery might just have to happen :)

I respect your opinion but you couldn't be more wrong, genetics and age do play a major role, but it is NOT your only hope. All of these are opinions that worked for countless other people. I'm not saying they are all easy fixes and cures but they may be very useful for SOME people, not all. You say they are all bull, but have you tried any of them for yourself? Have you attempted any? There is no REAL solution to this epidemic but there are many ways to treat the symptoms of it and these are some. I'm sure there are many other treatments.

You speak of the biggest loser lifting weights like crazy and still have flabby skin. Well, did you err stop to think why? They are losing TOO much weight TOO rapidly. Facts show that it takes up to 2 years or more for your skin to actually catch to your weight loss progression. Plus that show is all about fast weight loss not healthy weight loss.

Building muscle mass does help with loose skin because it fills in the pockets needed to properly structure skin from the inside out, but you have to understand that your skin is an organ also. By keeping that organ healthy you are ultimately increasing your chances to limit the amount of loose skin you will come to see.

Awesome info thanks!! Another thing that helps with loose skin is drinking the juice from a coconut it helps with elasticity and it's amazing for your skin. My brother lost 160 lbs (without surgery) and has almost no loose skin. If you fidnt know him when he was heavy then you would never know. He was heavy his whole life so to not have loose skin is amazing. He juiced a lot of raw fruits and veggies too and his skin and complexion look awesome and healthy not like he was when he was overweight.

A wrap? Are you serious. Muscle, time, age, length of time you were fat and genetics all play a part in your skin's elasticity. I didn't have the skin issues I had when I lost weight before because I lost weight in a different way. I kept my muscle in tact. This time around...the huge calorie defecit and not working out cause me to be flabby. Sure in time some of it will snap back, but I am prone to stretch marks. That skin is already stretched. Some people won't have skin problems and some people will, but I wouldn't go spending money on creams, wraps, skin scrubbing. Only time and muscle mass will tell how much snap back you are going to get. The rest, if you are still dissastisfied will have to be surgically removed.