Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Nausea And Lightheadedness After Gastric Sleeve Surgery...

Views
Started by mchez1986, Dec 15, 2011 11:21 AM
4 replies to this topic
4 replies to this topic

mchez1986

Advanced Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgery Date: Dec 2011
  • Height: 5 feet 1 inches
  • Starting Weight: 272 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 64 lbs
  • Current Weight: 208 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 185 lbs
  • BMI: 39.3
  • My Blogs
Posted December 15, 2011 - 11:21 AM

So I have another question....as I tell everyone I always syke myself out and over think when I feel bad. Ihad my drain taken out yesterday, and he put the gauze and tape over the open hole, says everthings ok, double up on the protein and calcium and sends me on my way. I slept ok last night but tossed and turned and just couldnt sleep comfortably. I wake up this morning and feel like crap. So far today I had an oz liquid calcium with a crushed flinstone vitamin, 3 oz protein shake and 4 oz grape/water combo. Am I not drinking enough in the am?? I feel weak and very nauseous, especially when I get up from the couch. Normal???

Felicia

Guru in Training

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
Posted December 15, 2011 - 12:01 PM

I am 3 weeks out and I still get very dizzy and light-headed when I stand up or get up from like a squatting position. We aren't eating a lot of calories so the body does that. You should be drinking about 8 oz over an hour, or so I was told. In the beginning I would always feel so crappy when I didn't have enough fluids. You can always do jello or SF popsicles. Good Luck hun, I think it is normal though.

mchez1986

Advanced Member

• Surgery Date: Dec 2011
  • Height: 5 feet 1 inches
  • Starting Weight: 272 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 64 lbs
  • Current Weight: 208 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 185 lbs
  • BMI: 39.3
  • My Blogs
Posted December 15, 2011 - 1:32 PM

thank you felicia, like I said I always syke yself out, just gotta make sure im getting enough fluids. I am only one week post op today, so I guess this is just the normal in the early stages.

UXgrrl

Expert Member

Posted December 15, 2011 - 1:45 PM

I think I was having postural hypotension (lightheadedness after standing up) until about three days ago, so it took almost two weeks for it go away.

Like Felicia said, our bodies are basically going "OMG! WTF!" and is adjusting to a drastically lowered calorie level, plus probably less fluids, combined with stress from healing from abdominal surgery. The lightheadedness is probably to be expected.

Just when I thought it would never go away, and that I'd never be able to climb the flight of stairs to my 2nd floor without feeling like I was going to pass out or vomit, it did!

twoboysandagirl

Bariatric Evangelist

• Surgery Date: Dec 2010
  • Height: 5 feet 3 inches
  • Starting Weight: 226 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 106 lbs
  • Current Weight: 120 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 135 lbs
  • BMI: 21.3
Posted December 15, 2011 - 2:15 PM

I suffered from dizziness for months after surgery and it was ALWAYS worse when I didnt get in enough fluids that day or the day before. Try to increase your fluids and see if you feel better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Oct 29
    Sleeve_Sistah85

Joined Jenny Craig today as part of my 6 month supervised weight loss. The fo...

Show comments (2)
View All Updates