Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss, Stall, Weight loss, Stall, Weight loss, Stall

I have had good weight loss but I always lose weight then stall for like 2-3 weeks, then lose again and stall for another 2 weeks. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else out there........thanks for your feedback in advanced :rolleyes:

Hi!

You are doing great! Your like 3 months out and 41 pounds down,,, that is GREAT!

I do understand what you are saying about showing a nice weight loss, then nothing for a week, 2 weeks, even a 3rd week, then boom.. a nice weight loss... I have that going on all the time which is why I started just focusing on my monthy loss.. it usually averages out to 2-3 pounds a week.

Taking measurements does help... I have noticed a week or two with not even losing a full pound, but I lost inches on certain measurements :D

My first 2 months, I was showing a good 2-3 pounds a week loss, but once I hit the 3 month mark, my weight loss changed. The month of July & August was harder for me as we were vacationing alot, socializing more, etc..

I still have so much more to lose that I know I need to get back on the track with counting food intake, calories, carbs and protein!

Good luck to you,, and keep up the hard work, it pays off in the end!

I'm going through that now. I know it will pass and the weight will drop. (to top it off, my scale broke so my weekly weigh in didn't happen Saturday morning) time to invest in a good scale. Be patient. I was frustrated at first, not so much now.

:)

Deb

I have had good weight loss but I always lose weight then stall for like 2-3 weeks, then lose again and stall for another 2 weeks. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else out there........thanks for your feedback in advanced :rolleyes:

I seem to have the same weight loss cycle. I was sleeved on 5/3/11 and have lost 89 lbs. For the last 3 months though, it seems like i'll plateau for a couple/few weeks, then lose 10 to 15 lbs the next week, then plateau again.

Yep! This has been happening to me since Jan... I am now 14mths post op. I will lose a pound or so a week for about two weeks... then nothing for 2-3 weeks. My average a month is now approx 3lbs! Frustrating on times, but it is still coming off... my new motto... Slow but sure wins the race! 'Cos I ain't giving up til I get to goal...lol =]

I am at 9 months... over the last two months I have gained 3 pounds. I keep hoping I will have a nice loss again one of these days...generally women are not supposed to eat less than 1200 cals a day... thats what I am at right now...the formula says I should be losing a pound every 5days....hahahahaha! So much for formulas!dry.gif

I am in the same boat. I will lose a few pounds (2-3) then nothing for a week or two or three. Then overnight I'll drop 2 or 3 and so the cycle goes. I am almost 10 weeks out as of this Friday, 9/30 and I've lost 32.5 pounds so far.

I am in the same boat. I will lose a few pounds (2-3) then nothing for a week or two or three. Then overnight I'll drop 2 or 3 and so the cycle goes. I am almost 10 weeks out as of this Friday, 9/30 and I've lost 32.5 pounds so far.

You are averaging over 3 pounds a week, that is fantastic!

That is exactly how I lost all of my weight . I never lost weight each week, after about the first month. I would plateau for a few weeks then lose 5 lbs the next week. It was maddening, but consistent.

Hahaha the story of my post op life! I have gotten used to it at this point though. I look at it like this if it isn't going up thats a good thing. Regardless of how long it takes, I'll get there because I didn't cut out 85% of my stomach not too!!!

I do this too. I would get myself all worked up and stressed out that it wasn't working. I keep track of my calories/protein/carbs on a tracker. I get kinda psycho about it. I weigh myself everyday(doh!). I had a "stall" going on since mid august and today I dropped 6 pounds. huh. oh well, I had it coming!!! lol!

I'm the same way. I lose quite a bit then it stops and I hover for a week or two then I start dropping again. I think sometimes the body needs to catch up with the weight loss and then once it's comfortable that I'm not starving to death it let's me start losing again.

Thank you ladies for all your replies............Im glad we are in the same weight loss river of ups and downs.......I love this weight loss and sooo glad I got the sleeve , but just wanted to know if there was more out there that have the same experience.......Thank you again for taking the time to let me know you are out there , have a great week :rolleyes:

That's the way I think...."REGARDLESS OF HOW LONG IT TAKES, I'LL GET THERE BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE 85% OF MY STOMACK REMOVED FOR NOTHING!!"

Hahaha the story of my post op life! I have gotten used to it at this point though. I look at it like this if it isn't going up thats a good thing. Regardless of how long it takes, I'll get there because I didn't cut out 85% of my stomach not too!!!