Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months post....good & bad things

I was sleeved on Dec 14th 2011 which makes me 4 months post VSG. I have lost 65 pounds! I eat basically anything I want, but only a very small amount. I don't eat fried foods. The reason is because the grease will make me vomit. I had 2 fried shrimp and they came up. I loved fried foods before surgery, but I don't miss them anymore. My Aunt is over a year & 1/2 out of VSG & enjoys her 4 fried shrimp on occasion. My tipical day is as follows:

Breakfast- Protein Shake EAS from Walmart pre made boxes are the best!

Snack- almonds (about 5-6).

lunch- chicken salad scoop.

snack- yogurt or cheese.< /span>

dinner- small amount of what I cooked for my family.

sweet tooth? Cocoa almonds from Sam's Cub (sweet & protein)

This sounds like a small amount & boring food but I just don't even care about food anymore. I eat to give my body fuel, not just cuz it tastes good. I have 2 small children and we are so much more active. We ride bikes, go for walks, and live outside playing. I owed that to my children and myself. I am so happy to have had this weight loss surgery.

Bad things- Hmmmm not too many. I do miss some foods, but when they are in front of me, I have no problem refusing them. I can't consume wine anymore, it's too strong for my stomach. I have had cocktails, but only one per event. Hate taking so many Vitamins, but it's important to stay healthy. I have mild heartburn, but I take a daily prilosec and it's gone.

Great things- I feel amazing! Full of energy and happiness. When my hubby hugs me.....my breasts touch him first, not my old big belly, I can go into a regular store to buy clothes, not the plus size side. I'm in a 14 now. Men smile at me, open doors, and let me go when sitting in traffic. I don't drink 6 sodas a day and don't even miss them, My hubby is calling me sexy again, I feel girlie. I am wearing more jewery, and fasionable clothes. I can go on forever. This is truely a great tool that I choose.

I have had NO hair loss!! God, please don't let me lose my hair. Although, it's VERY common to lose. It will grow back. I take 2 Biotin daily just in case it starts to come out.

I attend monthly support groups at my surgeon's hospital. If you have not had VSG yet, start the support groups NOW!!

If anyone has questions, please ask. I'll answer any of them. Even the ones that are hard to ask someone. Oh, did I mention sex with my hubby is soooo much more fun! I'm married and I can say that right?...

Happy, Thinner, & Happy (did I mention happy?) :)

Misty :)

Congratulations!

Whoohoo!

You're so lucky. I was sleeved on 12/20/10. And, I have lost hair like CRAZY!

Congratulations! Sounds like you are working your sleeve! Shoppiing is so much fun now isnt it?! I used to cry at the mall because nothing used to fit...now the problem is that I cant BUY everything that fits ;) What is the MG of Biotin that you are taking? I am just over 5months out and my hair is falling like crazy although I'm taking 1 5,000 mg of Biotin daily.

Thanks for sharing your story!

I was sleeved on Dec 14th 2011 which makes me 4 months post VSG. I have lost 65 pounds! I eat basically anything I want, but only a very small amount. I don't eat fried foods. The reason is because the grease will make me vomit. I had 2 fried shrimp and they came up. I loved fried foods before surgery, but I don't miss them anymore. My Aunt is over a year & 1/2 out of VSG & enjoys her 4 fried shrimp on occasion. My tipical day is as follows:

Breakfast- Protein shake EAS from Walmart pre made boxes are the best!

snack- yogurt or cheese.

This sounds like a small amount & boring food but I just don't even care about food anymore. I eat to give my body fuel, not just cuz it tastes good. I have 2 small children and we are so much more active. We ride bikes, go for walks, and live outside playing. I owed that to my children and myself. I am so happy to have had this weight loss surgery.

Bad things- Hmmmm not too many. I do miss some foods, but when they are in front of me, I have no problem refusing them. I can't consume wine anymore, it's too strong for my stomach. I have had cocktails, but only one per event. Hate taking so many Vitamins, but it's important to stay healthy. I have mild heartburn, but I take a daily prilosec and it's gone.

Great things- I feel amazing! Full of energy and happiness. When my hubby hugs me.....my breasts touch him first, not my old big belly, I can go into a regular store to buy clothes, not the plus size side. I'm in a 14 now. Men smile at me, open doors, and let me go when sitting in traffic. I don't drink 6 sodas a day and don't even miss them, My hubby is calling me sexy again, I feel girlie. I am wearing more jewery, and fasionable clothes. I can go on forever. This is truely a great tool that I choose.

I have had NO hair loss!! God, please don't let me lose my hair. Although, it's VERY common to lose. It will grow back. I take 2 biotin daily just in case it starts to come out.

I attend monthly support groups at my surgeon's hospital. If you have not had VSG yet, start the support groups NOW!!

If anyone has questions, please ask. I'll answer any of them. Even the ones that are hard to ask someone. Oh, did I mention sex with my hubby is soooo much more fun! I'm married and I can say that right?...

WOW, you are doing AMAZING! You sound like me with two small kids and wanting to do this not only for yourself but for them too. I still have to wait 6 mo thru my MD supervised diet, but I know in the end it will all be worth it! It is SO nice to hear that you don't really care about food anymore. I grew up with food being the center of everything we did and I cannot wait to hopefully have the same feelings as you where you just don't think about it! Keep up the great work and keep us all posted of your progress. Thanks for the upliftng post today! Happy Friday!

Sounds like you are doing fantabulous!!! Yay for you! :D You are definitely rockin' your sleeve! Thanks for this oh so positive post today. Loved reading it!

Your post was very motivating! Keep up the good work! Congrats on your weightloss!

WOW! ~ You're doing terrific on all areas! I was 12-9-10 @ 245 and have lost less than 50.

snack- yogurt or cheese.

I have had NO hair loss!! God, please don't let me lose my hair. Although, it's VERY common to lose. It will grow back. I take 2 Biotin daily just in case it starts to come out.

snack- yogurt or cheese.

Misty please tell me your secret to time travel!!!!!

Just kidding! You are doing great! Way to go!

Mini-gil, I take 2 Biotin a day instead of one. Try that.

I only weigh in on Tuesdays and Iost 4 pounds!! I love Tuesdays!

I am so rockin' this sleeve!

Thanks so much for sharing...I just love reading stories of success...and you are so positive, its great!! Im hoping to get the sleeve done myself...i have the orientation group thingie on april 28th...from there, I need to get everything in order. i already know my insurance, bcbsma finds the sleeve "investigational", but I have hope that I can appeal....since i have been anemic and take motrin daily, these wouldnt work so well with the bypass, plus, I feel the sleeve just makes more sense. How was the surgery process for you?? The few days after?? I had my gallbladder removed, so I'm thinking it may be somewhat simular, probably much more healing though...I am soooo eager to get this done and live a healthy life with a healthy weight. recently dignosed with type 2 diabetes as well, and Im hoping this can help me with that so I wont end up on medication. Thanks for letting me ramble...:)

snack- yogurt or cheese.