Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diarrhea - what schould I eat?????????????

Im so unhappy. I get my sleeve mo 30 aug and I have extreme Diarrhea last 3 days. My dietist told me to do pure of carrot and eat bluberry pure.

Its not much help I think. Can you please help me???????

I dont know what to do. Medication is not actually for me yet my doc said.

Need help from you.

How often are you going? Some diarrhea is normal until you transition to solid foods (liquids in, liquids out!). I think the priority right now would be lots of fluids to make sure you don't become dehydrated.

Ditto to what the above posters said. We sometimes give banana flakes to patients with diarrhea, so maybe some pureed banana would be helpful. I'm surprised your doc won't give you some Lomotil! Go get something OTC (pepto bismol or whatever)- screw your doc on this one.

Yes you MUST keep yourself hydrated! I know it probably feels counter-intuitive (liquid in, liquid out), but you really need to replace it. The first week post-op absolutely SUCKS (read my posts!), but it WILL get better. Just push those fluids, get some pepto bismol, eat some pureed banana, and buy some new undies. :001_rolleyes:

I also had same problem, it seemed my stool consistency followed the consistency of the current diet. Once I moved on to mushies it followed suit now that I am eating pretty normally it is back to normal.

Well, like I said, going to softies helped but yesterday I had to eat some blueberries to get the pipeline moving again. Things got a little bound up after a couple days of meats. But, it was soooo much better than diahrrea all the time. Really, it will pass. It just feels like it won't.

gg

Get some pediatric electrolyte supplements. Here in the US it's called Pedialyte, or some Gatorade. If you can have yogurt, eat yogurt because the good bacteria in the yogurt will help neutralize your stomach bacteria.

Right now, it's a liquids in, liquids out. Use baby wipes on your bum to prevent irritation. It does get better once you get to full liquids and mushies.

Hi, I have been taking Fiber Choice with Calcium chewables. One a day and it has helped check with your doctor is it is okay.

nancy

I eat many oz yoghurt every day but I dont feel diferent. Those things dont exist in Sweden. I may call doc tomorrow and ask if I can take an Immodium. The dietist told me to eat mushed carrot but It doesnt work at me. Its very important for me because Im going to my sisters birthday at thursday and I dont want to do any disasters.

Thanks for all your advises. My doc call me today and wonder how I feel. He is so nice.

He said its ok for me to take an Immodium pill and if I feel ok to swallow I can try mushies

he said. So I have a cup mushies and feel ok. So Im not in liquids anymore. Im in mushies.

I will thank you all for you are so kind and helpfull. I love you all. Nice to be a part of you.

When I got home from the hospital (a 6 hour road trip from hell) I had horrible diarrhea and called my doctor. He did NOT want it to happen because of the dehydration factor and told me to take a few sips of Immodium to stop it. I wouldn't recommend the clear kind, get the green kind, it's easier on the tummy...the clear tends to burn a bit and you don't want that. He also had me get some Gatorade G2 to stay hydrated and I can tell you (as tons of my posts say) I swear by this stuff as i'm pretty sure it's kept me from ending up in the hospital on fluids.

Other than that, doctors have always recommended the B.R.A.T. diet = bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. All of those things are a bit more constipating but you can't have any of those things yet so for me, the answer was immodium. All it took was about 2 sips and I was fine. There is no reason to lose electrolytes and suffer with the cramps as you're healing, not to mention going to work with the poops wouldn't be fun.

Hope this helps!

Renee`