Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll and Questions for those already Sleeved:

What is your hunger level NOW in comparison to Pre-Sleeve?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your hunger level NOW in comparison to Pre-Sleeve?

• I am between 96% hunger cured to 100% hunger cured.
    • I am between 90% hunger cured to 95% hunger cured.
    • I am between 80% hunger cured to 89% hunger cured.
    • I am between 70% hunger cured to 79% hunger cured.
    • I am between 50% hunger cured to 69% hunger cured.
    • I am between 26% hunger cured to 49% hunger cured.
    • I am between 1% hunger cured to 25% hunger cured.
    • I am 0% hunger cured.

1) How long have you been sleeved? 4-1/2 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Ara Keshishian in California

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Loved him, loved the hospital. Nothing but good to say about him.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Absolutely. See above.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 28.2 pounds, which is just about halfway to my pretty ambitious goal. I'm a super-lightweight who started at 175 (32 BMI) and my goal is 115 (21 BMI). I have less than 10 pounds to go to get to a normal BMI of 25.

6) What type of sleeve do you have? I don't know what you mean -- I have a regular old VSG.

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Yep.

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? Yes. In fact, two days ago I did an hour with my trainer at the gym, rested for an hour, and then did an hour-long dance class with no problem at all.

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? The scale bounces up and down a bit but the trend is definitely downward.

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting ?stuck?? No, not at all.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? That it wasn't available 20 years ago!

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? I would do it again in a red-hot second!

1) How long have you been sleeved? 7 months

2) Who was your surgeon?Dr Aceves in Mexicali

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? They where 2nd to none very caring and explained everything. there where no suprises as he informed me of everything that was going to happen.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? In a heartbeat, they are the best.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 79lbs

6) What type of sleeve do you have? Vertical sleeve

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Yes It has been very easy to follow the eating plan and haven't needed any follow up care.

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout?

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? No

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting ?stuck?? If I eat too fast.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? Not a thing

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another Yes I would have done it 20 yrs ago if I had known about it.

Brenda

1) How long have you been sleeved? 3 mos

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Mark Gibbs, Little Rock AR

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Good/Brief

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes, has had NO complications.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 54 lbs.

6) What type of sleeve do you have? VSG -

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? yes

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? wasnt working out prior - don't have as much energy,

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it?no

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting ?stuck?? did, not nearly as much now.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? nothing -

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? yes, in a heartbeat!

I'm happy to stumble across this posting ... I too was concerned about many things addressed on this poll. I'm off to visit Dr. Aceves this weekend for a Monday surgery ... Yikes! This post ... well, this whole site, has been a blessing. :mad0:

thanks everyone for your replies! I hope this thread helps many :mad0:

1) How long have you been sleeved? 8 months

2)Who was your surgeon?Dr Sonny Cavazos

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Extremely professional and caring. Would recommend him and staff to anyone.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? In a heartbeat.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 107lbs

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Yes

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? I have to want to workout that takes alot of energy in itself. . but after i get going I feel great!

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting “stuck”? If I eat too fast or too much.

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? There are days i wish i never did it, but mostly i'm glad i did.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another Yes I would do it again.

ThinOneDay - I too am thinking about revising from a LB. Would you please expand on why there are days you wouldn't have gotten the sleeve surgery? I would really appreciate it!

-G

ThinOneDay - I too am thinking about revising from a LB. Would you please expand on why there are days you wouldn't have gotten the sleeve surgery? I would really appreciate it!

-G

Hi Gracey, thanks for the question. My reason why i would say that there are days why i wouldn't have gotten the sleeve is this (lame as it is) . . .sometimes when i go out to eat with my hubbie and daughter, I would love to sit and eat my $$ worth. . i can't go to buffets because for $10.00 I can literally eat only 4 oz (1 bowl of soup) and nothing more. . . then there are the holidays where i wish i could eat more with my family . . . then there are those days where i could just gulp my liquids but nope i'm restricted to that. . .see it's only stupid things, things that I have taken for granted but can't do it any longer. . . it took me 47 years to get heavy by having bad habits, now along comes surgery and you are expected to change all the habits and customs over night (literally) it is change and people don't like change, it's hard and confusing and at best it's frustrating, there is no reversal surgery, you're stuck with it for life and now you have to adjust your life to suit the surgery. . .but I love the weight loss and how it's making me look in clothing. . so yes, there is buyers remorse at times, but more than not, I'm glad I did it and yes, I would do it again. . . hope this helps a bit. . it's nothing really major, just my own selfishness i suppose. . . thanks again for asking. . .

Hi Gracey, thanks for the question. My reason why i would say that there are days why i wouldn't have gotten the sleeve is this (lame as it is) . . .sometimes when i go out to eat with my hubbie and daughter, I would love to sit and eat my $$ worth. . i can't go to buffets because for $10.00 I can literally eat only 4 oz (1 bowl of soup) and nothing more. . . then there are the holidays where i wish i could eat more with my family . . . then there are those days where i could just gulp my liquids but nope i'm restricted to that. . .see it's only stupid things, things that I have taken for granted but can't do it any longer. . . it took me 47 years to get heavy by having bad habits, now along comes surgery and you are expected to change all the habits and customs over night (literally) it is change and people don't like change, it's hard and confusing and at best it's frustrating, there is no reversal surgery, you're stuck with it for life and now you have to adjust your life to suit the surgery. . .but I love the weight loss and how it's making me look in clothing. . so yes, there is buyers remorse at times, but more than not, I'm glad I did it and yes, I would do it again. . . hope this helps a bit. . it's nothing really major, just my own selfishness i suppose. . . thanks again for asking. . .

Thin thanks for this explanation. I can completely understand why you feel this way sometimes. I'm sure I will too from time to time... but also like you I will just look at myself in the mirror in those pants I havent worn in a year now and thank my lucky stars for a second chance.

:P

Now that I'm almost 4 months out, I just wanted to answer this poll. I put down 70-79%. My hunger suppression is probably more than that, more along the 80's but I wanted to be as conservative as possible. I really wish I could be in the high 90's!! I'd never like to feel hunger, ever - but that was not to be for me.

It's ok though, I am doing fine so far. :D

Thin thanks for this explanation. I can completely understand why you feel this way sometimes. I'm sure I will too from time to time... but also like you I will just look at myself in the mirror in those pants I havent worn in a year now and thank my lucky stars for a second chance.

:P

OMW!!! ...and this post too!!! I'm wearing those pants now and they are also getting a bit big even!!! WHoohoooo!!! :lol:

1) How long have you been sleeved? 1 months

2)Who was your surgeon?Dr PHillip Gachassin

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? I little arrogant but professional. Would recommend him and staff to anyone.

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 42

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? No

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? Yes

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting “stuck”? Yes, can't get enough in to achieve protien level. Difficult to get the recommended protien. and the supplements taste horrible, especially collagens

11) What is the one thing about getting the surgery that you regret? Everything except the weight loss.

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another? No, but I hope to one day say that I would.

1) How long have you been sleeved? 15 weeks

2)Who was your surgeon? Mark Pleatman

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Positive-I was comfortable with his skill and I could afford the price self-pay

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yes.

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 40

6) What type of sleeve do you have? 32 bougie

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? Yes

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? Yes-SO MUCH more energy-no problem at all!

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? No - still losing. Almost to my goal, will probably go under.

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting “stuck”? A little but after a little learning its important to chew well and not overeat. I've eaten too fast and slimed and vomited but that's unusual.

11) What is the one thing about getting the surgery that you regret? Nothing, I only wish I was naturally thin!

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another? Yes, I'm so glad it only has to be done once and everyday I feel great and have good restriction.

I changed my vote. I originally voted in the 70% cured - I changed it to 95% and above cured. I guess it's true that the hunger does go away over time. I rarely or never feel hunger, usually if I only wait more than 6 hours since my last meal. It's so awesome!!! Feeling physical hunger has always been my biggest enemy. :)

1) How long have you been sleeved? 8 1/2 months

2) Who was your surgeon? Dr. Carlos Paiva More (in Asuncion, Paraguay)

3) What were your experiences with your surgeon? Awesome -- he's very supportive, gave me great medical care -- last appt. basically told me just to come back when I'm at goal weight :)

4) Would you recommend your surgeon? Yep!

5) How much weight have you lost since your sleeve date? 125 lbs. so far

6) What type of sleeve do you have? regular old sleeve (85 percent removed and stapled)

7) Would you recommend the type of sleeve you have? over and over again

8) Do you find you still have the necessary level of energy to sustain a good workout? yep!

9) Do you find it difficult to keep the weight off once you have lost it? nope, not at all

10) Do you have trouble eating, such as getting �stuck�? never

11) What is the one things about getting the surgery that you regret? nothing

12) Would you do this surgery again, or would you have made another choice? I would do it over again and you couldn't hold me back!